Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in portlaoise..?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Just wondering what areas people would reccomend to live in portlaoise..

Il prob be after a 2-bed apartment or even a 3 bed house.
    Only real requirement would be having secure parking or id even settle for a traditional safe estate with little or no vandalism / crime etc..

So what are the places to look for and what are the ones to avoid..?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Ms K Sir A

hmmm.... Dublin Road side of Portlaoise would be a good rule of thumb according to moi.... but there again... I run the risk of offending at least 75% of the PL population in saying that! :-) But it's still a pretty good rule of thumb. That of course is not to say that there won't be 10 posts here tomorrow that tell tales of break ins or fights or whatever centered in the same area. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭runningman

I agree the Dub side of town is a grand spot to live and not too far from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Peter Walczak

luder wrote: »
    Only real requirement would be having secure parking or id even settle for a traditional safe estate with little or no vandalism / crime etc...

On some stage, I was thinking what requirements would I have, if wanted to buy a house. I guess, sooner or later I'd have to face the question. I was concerned about car park, of course, crime, neighbours etc. but then I though that I've no guarantee that even though I buy a property in nice surroundings it will not become something else in time.

Let's say, I buy a newly built house in a quite and nice, new estate. Other houses are bought by some property agencies and after few years these houses are rented to anyone. Now, I think it was the story with the Stradbrook apartments, to be honest. Anyway... You never know.

I - personally - prefer apartments than houses. In Portlaoise I'd consider the ones built near GAA ground. They seem to be nice.

Best regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 conksmith

Portlaoise is no less or more rough than any other towm. Been here a year and a half now with no probs..Also after this reccession load it's gonna be very desirable.New retail park,New McDonalds, New Superquinn,new town centre,argos is coming as is boots,golden discs..

Can't see myself ever moving from to be honest..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Knockmay is a beautifull quiet estate with a great "sense of community", close to all ameities. Check it out

• Advertisement
Advertisement