Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights to Queensland

Options
  • 12-08-2008 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I'm planning a trip to Queensland in February 2009, staying for just over two weeks. Does anyone have tips on how to get the best deal on flights?

For example, is it better to fly to Brisbane or Cairns? Any days that are cheaper to travel on than others?

Is a stopover recommended? If so, where?

Is it better to book early (i.e. now) or wait for last minute deals? My travel dates are flexible.

I've tried a few travel/flights websites, but am still confused - one site was quoting me over 6,000 sterling for the return flights - that can't be right, can it??

Thanks,

FS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

funsize wrote: »
    I'm planning a trip to Queensland in February 2009, staying for just over two weeks. Does anyone have tips on how to get the best deal on flights?
    Are you coming from ireland? If so have no clue, best thing is to shop around, maybe play one agency off another to see if they drop commission.
    For example, is it better to fly to Brisbane or Cairns? Any days that are cheaper to travel on than others?
    Well what are you looking for?? Cairns is a 'party' town so to speak, plenty of reef activities to go to, but either way I wouldn't stay for 2 weeks in either placee (personally). if in cairns whitsundays, if stay near brisbane, byron and fraser island are great nearby spots
    Is a stopover recommended? If so, where?
    Since you are pushed on time I would say no, unless you want to see some of asia or something
    Is it better to book early (i.e. now) or wait for last minute deals? My travel dates are flexible.
    I would say now, teh longer you leave it i find the more expensive it gets (fuel etc)
    I've tried a few travel/flights websites, but am still confused - one site was quoting me over 6,000 sterling for the return flights - that can't be right, can it??
    that was probably business class ...

Advertisement