Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest batteries in Ireland

Options
  • 12-08-2008 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a battery for my new G&G Ak47, turns out it's a little bit too big so I can't screw the back of the buttstock back on. Where's the cheapest place in Ireland to buy another battery? Capacity not really overly important, as it's only shot for about 30 minutes at a time.....Was looking at a few Irish sites and the prices are so bad, it's almost funny....Also, do most batteries come with a standard connector, because in some of the pictures I can't make out if it's the same connector as the one I have, some of them look like mini connectors...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

What type do you require... they are all different, mini u type, large type, cranestock etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've no idea, it's this rifle.

It says 8.4v large battery, so I went out and bought just that (4300mah 8.4v large battery), but it doesn't fit, I can still fire the gun by wedging the battery in but it's definitely too big to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

4300 is a large cell, you need more like 3000 3300 mha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I've no idea, it's this rifle.

It says 8.4v large battery, so I went out and bought just that (4300mah 8.4v large battery), but it doesn't fit, I can still fire the gun by wedging the battery in but it's definitely too big to fit.

The problem is probably that the mah rating is too high - I'd imagine that those cells are pretty damn thick. If you get something with about 2000 mah, maybe a little more, you should be ok.

I'm not going to comment too much on the comment regarding battery prices, but if you do manage to find them cheaper than any of the airsoft retailers, please let us know - I'd be more than happy to source some cheaper alternatives. And non-Irish sites dont count - you might find them cheaper, but getting them shipped to Ireland is going to lead to a big increase in your total cost. ;)

Thanks guys, appreciated. The prices I compared against are actually component shop UK, postage is actually cheaper then from most of the Irish sites to boot, so the postage offsetting the savings doesn't really apply....I had it recommended to me from a few other people here! Problem being I want a new battery ASAP, so I thought maybe there would be a cheap Irish site....

Actually Shiva I apologize for naming your store specifically, I actually meant all Irish stores in general as the prices are more or less the same across the board, yours just came to mind first! I'll edit that now, I didn't mean any ill will by it!! I've also heard that ASG batteries aren't the best, but it seems to form the bulk of what most Irish retailers are carrying...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

Actually Shiva I apologize for naming your store specifically, I actually meant all Irish stores in general as the prices are more or less the same across the board, yours just came to mind first! I'll edit that now, I didn't mean any ill will by it!! I've also heard that ASG batteries aren't the best, but it seems to form the bulk of what most Irish retailers are carrying...

No need to apologise, you expressed an honest opinion - I dont have a problem with that.

Point taken about the postage cost from Component Shop, but if you're buying in bulk, as I would have to, the costs are astronomical because of the weight. I actually approached CS about wholesale prices before, but the shipping costs would have meant increasing my prices, so I left it.

I find ASG batteries to be decent tbh, better than the firefox ones...

OK so debate time, firstly, ASG versus Firefox batteries, and secondly, 1500 vs 2000 for someone who only fires for about 30 minutes per day? Was looking at this, might just opt for it. Airsoftworld don't seem to sell batteries apart from a mini one, airguns.ie is a joke from what I've dealt with them so far, and airsofteire have far higher prices. I also see this on the corkairsoft store, would that fit? No dimensions there....plus I also need BB's anyway, and they have no decent selection.....so it would defeat the purpose if I had to order BB's from another retailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Go to airsoft global..Huge range of batteries and they will say what gun it will fit(sometimes).

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

that battery linked from our site (corkairsoftshop )will fit.
    its been used before in g&g full stock aegs previous ( not that particular one , that type :D)

the 9.6 will NOT fit

• Advertisement

Wolf batteries are good, I've used them before...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

There is a Model Shop in Dublin I think if I can remember correctly
    its near Maplin close to the Penny Bridge. Would it be little Mary Street?
    (sorry not from Dublin) Anyway It sells RC cars/Planes etc and also
    sells Battery Packs that are compatible with Airsoft AEG's.
    The Prices were way cheaper than any airsoft online store that I have seen.

I do know they also have an online site/store but for the life of me I
    cannot remember what the URL is.

~B

greenhobbymodel in dublin south is the only rc/model shop I know of...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

Marx models
    The model shop (I think)
    BoyzToys

Probable one of the first 2. Maybe on caple street.

Green Hobby and Model would be too far out

boyztoyz is in swords I think, best would be to ask in the model forum!! under ''rec''.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

Boyztoys opened up in Stephens green SC afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Snickit wrote: »
    Boyztoys opened up in Stephens green SC afaik.

Looks like the place but different address. (Have not been to the big smoke in
    a few years so they may have changed addys or its a different shop)

12 Euros for a 2100Mah 8.4v sounds like a great price to me!
    http://www.boyztoys.ie/index.php?subj=itemdetails&id=5330

Pity its NiCad! :(
    ~B

Thanks for that actually, in the end I just ordered from component shop, got the 2000mah nimh 8.4 for 11 sterling, 14 sterling in all including postage.

Another quick question, looking for more mags, are all AK mag's generally universal? All I see on the Irish sites are the cheap cyma mags....compatiable with g&g? Where might I find low/mid-cap mags? Not a huge fan of the hi-cap mag, would like a realistic one...

Thanks again for all the help.

only ak mags that will not fit are the new tm mags, you should have a looka at the mid caps from MAG STAR and King Arms all produce boxs of cheap midcaps, i have no experiance of G&G so im unaware if some work better than other with that ak model

Any advice on best place to buy mags? Would prefer metal mags....

• Advertisement

if you want metal mid caps you can always go with G&G own versions or another nice option are the very nice steel Real Sword 150rd versions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

Classic army do a fine metal AK47 mid cap

Thanks Cherubaul, got 2xCA 150 round mid-caps for 30 altogether from mainirishairsoft. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Sorry for posting this in this thread but I didnt want to start a new one.

This battery:http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/7vp2200sc-h.html

What amp do I charge it at? My charger has 1a,2a,a,4a and on and I have a guarder discharger but I cant select the amp to discharge it because it has no buttons or screen but just a red led that stops flashing when its done.Is that ok to discharge this particular battery?

Also this:http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/ProductDetail?prodID=8973

What amp do I charge it at and is my discharger ok to use on it?

Well strangely from MainIrishAirsoft, I ordered a lot of stuff, top notch delivery times, but instead of 2 CA 150 round mags, I have some unlabeled hi-cap metal magazine, and an ultra hi-cap (much wider then the standard 600rnd g&g mag) Dboys plastic mag....both wind up. :(

Advertisement