Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E111 forms or Travel Insurance???

• 12-08-2008 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Right,

I'm organising for a group to go to Wales to participate in a week long camp.

The group; eight youth under 18 and 6 adults, will be partaking in activities like rock climbing etc... now I'm away off this Saturday and someone told me about the E111 forms, I was about to book travel insurance for them, I was just wondering do I need to get the e111 forms or will the travel insurance cover it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There is no such thing as an E111 anymore.

You need an EHIC (www.ehic.ie). While not essential for treatment in the UK, it should be got. It's NOT a replacement for Travel Insurance, and certainly not with young people involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

E111 is out of date.

The new system is EHIC. See http://www.ehic.ie/ . You have probably left it too late, but read the FAQ about getting temporary cover.

I take it that you are aware that ordinary travel insurance does not always cover activities like rock climbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Ah ****e. :(

If I got travel insurance that did cover activites like that would it still be alright?

I read the FAQs and it said I can only get one per person.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    There is no such thing as an E111 anymore.

You need an EHIC (www.ehic.ie). While not essential for treatment in the UK, it should be got. It's NOT a replacement for Travel Insurance, and certainly not with young people involved.

I chck at http://www.ehic.ie/apply.htm and they said,
    UK (the Card is not essential for access to necessary healthcare in the UK – proof of residency in Ireland is sufficient)

So if I got travel insurance that included activites, it wouldn't be too much of a problem would it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I had a look at the FAQ again. The first time I looked, I was simply checking what I already suspected -- that you had not enough time to get cards. I saw this:

"Do I need a Card to get healthcare while on a visit to the UK?

No. You can get healthcare if needed during a temporary stay in the UK by giving proof of residency in Ireland. There is no need for a Card, although your Card will of course be sufficient to access such treatment."

So that eases the problem for you.

Now all you need to do is sort a suitable travel insurance policy, and try (just for everybody's convenience) to stop people from falling off mountains.

[You figured it out about a minute faster than I did!]

As general policy, I think everybody who might travel should have a EHIC. It costs nothing, and you never know when you might need it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have one of those myself. Got it when I went on a school trip, didn't know what the freaking thing was.

Cheers guys! Looks like it'll be alright, I'm gonna get travel insurance that covers what we'll be doing.

Thanks again :D

Oh P.S. It's not real mountains :P

Advertisement