Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii USB question

Options
  • 12-08-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Ive a problem where the only options to output sound to the wii is through phono connectors or scart. Since my sound system wont accept phono connections as one of its outputs and the projector the wii runs through dosent accept scart i was out of options.

Or so i though, i noticed the wii has a USB connection and also one of the outputs on the sound system is also for USB. If i connect the wii USB to the sound system USB then will that output sound?

Another option is buying USB speakers and plug them into the Wii USB, i checked and it said that they dont need to be plugged into a sound card for them to play sound but i dont know if the USB on the wii os only for certain things like controller recharging etc

I dont want to go forcking out for a cable and/or speakers and find there was wasnt a hope it was going to work, cant find anywhere in athlone with a USB to USB Cable so ill need to order of Maplin and pay delivery as i will with the USB speakers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The USB sockets on the Wii only work with Nintendo licenced products AFAIK. I don't think it would work.

Advertisement