Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need good charger & discharger, auto cut-off preferred.

Options
  • 12-08-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Gief suggestions pl0x.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Pro-peak delta-peak chargers are pretty wicked. I haven't found a better one since I started using it. Covers Ni-Cd and Ni-MH in trickle and fast charge with auto cut off. Niftily, when the auto cut off is triggered, an alarm sounds briefly and the charger then switches to "maintenance mode" where it'll top up the battery with a low current if it's left plugged on to keep it at maximum charge until you pick it up.
    Couldn't recommend it any higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

+1 to dex recommendation though. Although, don't get it from airsoft ware house, they are clowns. I waited a week and had to make 4 or 5 phone calls to get them to ship anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I use one of the 'idiot-proof' chargers from airsoft-scotland. Cheap as chips, robust, and well .. idiot proof. Plug in battery, walk away. It'll tell you when the battery is full. Unplug battery. Plug battery into AEG. Away you go. Idiot proof.

And I've never had an issue with it or a battery charged by it yet.

I use a TM auto-discharger. Again, cheap as chips and idiot proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Bol-01 baic charger and guarder discharger.The bol has auto cut of and it keeps curret going until you take battery off.Has selectable ampage aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Also, if you're willing to spend a few quid, the Duratrax ICE charger is fantastic. Had the good fortune to use one a while back after reading about them and I'm sold on getting one myself. At around $110 though, they're not cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

Hey conor, I use the very same setup as lemming and had no issues either, and it's cheap too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Snickit

AFAIK if your put a few small bulbs in circuit and connect em up its a cheap and easy discharger, and it tells you when its done by the room going dark :D

Stole the idea from an RC forum

Advertisement