Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES2008 vs PES2008(US) - does it work? Xbox 360

Options
  • 12-08-2008 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Quick question (leaving aside all of the Network play is crap in PES2008 issues) ... My bro in the states has just picked up a copy of PES 2008, but in his list of Games played it shows up as PES 2008 (US) and mine is PES 2008.

I haven't had a chance to try this out yet, but do these count as different games and is it even possible to set up a match online?

Don't worry, we're well aware of the Buggy / Laggy issues with PES 2008 anyway, but just wanted to see if it's even possible before trying it.

Cheers,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I don't think that'll work buddy!

Both your consoles would explode and then what would be left with? 2 exploded consoles!

Seriously though, if the team rosters don't match 100% that alone would be enough to stop it working, there are probably other reasons why it won't work but I don't know them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I thought as much because they show up as two different games on the 'played games' list on the Xbox live web site, it'll probably crap out (or the entire universe will collapse ... I believe the same phenomenon happens if you search for 'Google' on google :D ).

Do you know if the same would true for Fifa (or PES09)? That could be reason alone to defect over to the other side ... I'd rather not because PES still plays a better game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hmm, i'm not sure about that but FIFA has crap loads of teams and they could well be the same on both versions and that in turn could mean they are compatible (or the same even!) I had a quick look around but couldn't find out one way or the other!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

But they should be the same, like the teams shouldn't be able to change much, should it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

FIFA is fine, i play with US team-mates and friends regularily. All EA games are international servers.

PES unfortunately does not work. Its down to Konami, they dont have the server power to allow inter-continental gaming. PES2008(US) is the first version to not be called Winning Eleven which were always the same game, but renamed to avoid online confusion.

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    FIFA is fine, i play with US team-mates and friends regularily. All EA games are international servers.

PES unfortunately does not work. Its down to Konami, they dont have the server power to allow inter-continental gaming. PES2008(US) is the first version to not be called Winning Eleven which were always the same game, but renamed to avoid online confusion.
    Konami are terrible serves! And I've never seen a game lag because of the game and not the connection, rediculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Correct me if i'm wrong, but konami don't have servers for the matches, each player hosts a half

Correct me if i'm wrong, but konami don't have servers for the matches, each player hosts a half

No that stopped after PES5.

lol i remember the days of playing in a PES league, going 6-0 up at half time, feeling like a god, only to be crippled by lag and concede 7 in the 2nd half. Those were the days:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,014 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Are you sure, cause i was playing call me Jimmy in Pes6 this week and I would have a relatively lag free game in the first half and it would be much worse in the second half, he would have the opposite.

Well maybe PES 6 was the last one, because they tried to match EA with independant servers for PES2008, it was a big selling point, turns out it just made the players teleport and phantom goals aswell as 20 man brawls inside the net.

• Advertisement

I was playing a tad bit of PES2008 online yesterday, and I had all relatively lag free matches, why would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭richie_os

hmmm

Advertisement