Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The words of 'god' Or real facts.

• 12-08-2008 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I was watching a programme just the other day about darwin i think it was. He found that we evolved. A man went to africa and ask christian if they were african apes and that he was, the preist said he wasnt, he was a human being. WE are the SAME as apes and chimps, and if christian turn around and say that how come they arent extinct, just say we branched out, and evolved faster. Yes we are more intellegent and have the capability of thinking, but that does not mean we are superior to animals.

If any of you think differently, then you should not be aiming on becoming a paleontologist. As you have to follow facts, not the beliefs of some men. And a dead man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

I was watching a programme just the other day about darwin i think it was. He found that we evolved. A man went to africa and ask christian if they were african apes and that he was, the preist said he wasnt, he was a human being. WE are the SAME as apes and chimps, and if christian turn around and say that how come they arent extinct, just say we branched out, and evolved faster. Yes we are more intellegent and have the capability of thinking, but that does not mean we are superior to animals.

If any of you think differently, then you should not be aiming on becoming a paleontologist. As you have to follow facts, not the beliefs of some men. And a dead man.

I rather doubt you'll find a paleontologist or indeed any scientist of worth who would discount the theory of evolution. So you're not likely to get much of a debate here on that topic, more likely to get agreement and various levels of religion-bashing. This isn't really the place for the latter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Evolution absolutely and utterly 100% makes sense to the rational thinker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Im sorry. I can be a little slow sometimws. But I cant make any sence of your post. Can you or someone else please explain what your trying to say. Each time i try to read your post it just comes across to me as gobbledeggok

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

You have to be sh1ting me.

No wonder it came across as gobbledegok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lifeisawarfield

????...?????????????????????????????????????????? :confused:Confussed:eek::eek::eek:...:pac: :eek:
    >>>>:D O.o random..????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,888 ✭✭✭AtomicHorror

Galvasean wrote: »

If you click this link, you will never escape what lies beyond. The horror.

If you click this link, you will never escape what lies beyond. The horror.
    ????...?????????????????????????????????????????? :confused:Confussed:eek::eek::eek:...:pac: :eek:
    >>>>:D O.o random..????

You warned lifeisawarfield too late. He's been infected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Le_Sabotage

Great account name. Just thought I\'d mention that, being a ghostie and what nots.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Canis_major

I though about posting on that thread, but just reading it makes my head hurt.
    Head, brick wall, bashing :(

anyways rant over, ill save my keyboard for something more productive :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭0utpost31

I can't get my head around that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Yes we are more intellegent and have the capability of thinking, but that does not mean we are superior to animals.
    Are you saying that our intelligence is equal to that or a microscopic organism at the bottom of the sea. For we came from them, but we evolved.

the_syco wrote: »
    Are you saying that our intelligence is equal to that or a microscopic organism at the bottom of the sea. For we came from them, but we evolved.

I think he means every creature has a place in the world. Every creature alive today has found it's own particular niche in the biodome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Can someone please explain where you're going with this thread? are you trying to discuss Evolution versus creationism or just how silly the latter is?

Advertisement