Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expanding Menus - Help needed

Options
  • 12-08-2008 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

I've been out of the loop with web design for a few years but I'm making a site at the minute and the person I'm making it for wants collapsable menus,
    ie. list of links on the side, when you click one it expands to give you more links, when you click a different link the first one closes and the second one expands.
    I know this can be done with Javascript but my programming isn't up to much apart from in Flash.
    Can anyone suggest a simpler way to do this? Would a flash menu be viable?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

The barriers to entry for javascript in web development have been lowered significantly in recent years with the introduction of libraries like jQuery, DOJO, MooTools and Yahoo! YUI.

I'd suggest having a look at these before deciding against javascript. Specifically the jQuery Accordion Plugin as I imagine it's exactly what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

thanks a lot. that looks pretty cool. I'll definitely check that out.

Advertisement