Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Tasting Breakfast Roll in the College Green Area?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I have to head to the College Green area today and I'm feeling a tad peckish. Where can I get a decent breakfast roll in the area?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Phlann

I dunno. Where do you usually go for them? Cafe/spar/centra?

There's at least two Spars, one on Nassau St (turn right at the Trinity end of Grafton St) and one across the road from the entrance of Trinity. I think both have a hot-food counter. I think there's still a Subway beside Spar there if you like that sort of thing.

There's a couple of Centras on Dame Street. I don't really know any place in the area that does proper breakfast rolls other than the convenience stores tbh.

You could try Dunnes on Georges St. too. Probably the nicest and cleanest supermarket in the area...

edit: Oh wait, I take it you were looking for somebody with personal experience of the local breakfast rolls. I don't have any! I'll leave it to somebody else so...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The Spar on nassau st do a decent breakfast roll.Not that i'm ever inclined to buy one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If you have time to spare, place on [url="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=53.34562,-6.255469&spn=0.003331,0.00824&z=17"[Townsend Street[/url]. As you walk away from Westmoreland St, you go past the small garage on your right where the Gardai park their bikes, and just after that is the shop.The front is painted yellow.

The rolls there are f**king win! Be prepared to wait about 5 minutes, though, as although there can be one or two pre-made rolls there, they usually cook your order there and then:cool:

Soft white roll, freshly fried eggs, sasauges, etc.. WIN WIN WIN!

Used to frequent the place when I worked nearby. Still go in the odd time. It's only opened Monday to Friday, earlyish (until noon, I think, not sure).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,968 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks for the replies guys. I usually try and avoid Spars and Centras as they are generally awful. The Syco, I'll check that place out.

I don't usually be over this way as I'm generally around the Parnell Street area. The nicest breakfast roll I get on a regular basis is from Declan's on Bolton Street.

Advertisement