Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What goes here?

Options
  • 12-08-2008 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Since we now have sub-forums for just about every type of issue/question/post type etc, what should be be posting here in the main forum??? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Tomazas

I guess here we can talk about.... dont ask it is obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Eh, how great the new system is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

news, rumours, new stuff, funny sh*t said on Irc etc etc., you all know what i mean., :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Threads like this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Well done on the retail section, cleans things up a bit.
    What about one for Airsoft Sites?

EDIT: I see, I see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Don't forget the very important stuff like first time posters informing us all that 27 orphans and 13 baby pandas have been kill by an airsoft gun because they tripped over it,
    and such

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

(Puts his nostalgia hat on)

There was a time long ago when we didn't have loads of retail stores and airsoft sites to discuss, gear to review, things to sell and a plethora of newbies to inform.

And you know what? this was still a pretty damn busy place with a great community discussing airsoft.

Personally I've found that as of late it's those very things which have been clogging up and killing off good discussion in the forum. All the new and interesting threads were being knocked off the first page because there were just too many mega retailer/site threads being bumped on a regular basis. (Not intentionally bumped by anyone, but bumped all the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

42 tbh :)

Edit: Nah, seriously though, the main forum was getting a bit overrun with "what am bestest gun?" threads and retailers/sites, so now there's plenty of room for discussion again :) Events, funny stories, general banter... whatever really

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

kdouglas wrote: »
    42 tbh :)

Edit: Nah, seriously though, the main forum was getting a bit overrun with "what am bestest gun?" threads and retailers/sites, so now there's plenty of room for discussion again :) Events, funny stories, general banter... whatever really

LOL. In fairness, you'll get them anyway, even if you staple a note with 'There is a thread for this' to people's heads before they start posting. I think putting effort into getting people informed through something like Gerrowadat's info site before they ask stuff would be a Good Thing.

So what is now the 'too much off-topic' yardstick? I guess we'll find out very shortly...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Motosam wrote: »
    Threads like this one.

I see what you did there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

The Master wrote: »
    I see what you did there

Now now, stop that! or you'll have everyone donig it, including me?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Bring on the pics of hot birds with airsoft rifles. And pics of the mods in speedos for the ladies.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

pics of the mods in speedos

I just threw up a little there at that image:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

And pics of the mods in speedos for the ladies.

Time to trawl the net for Camo posing pouches ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

The Master wrote: »
    I just threw up a little there at that image:eek:

Things are getting a little too fetish for me at that point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

who? whaaa, where?

2675897450_051ee880bf.jpg

i had to photoshop some camo onto him though, save the children and all that jazz.....

:p

EDIT:

Nah, this ones funnier., :D
    2532802584_0b4d586376.jpg

Advertisement