Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deportee visiting the states

Options
  • 11-08-2008 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi there I have a quick question , about 7 -8 years ago I had a freind that was deported from the states I am not really clear about the circumstances surrounding it . The problem was at the time he was also living as an ilegaly .

He now has to visit the states this september to go to a wedding , what is the likelyhood of him getting entrance to the states as they would have had his fingerprints on file already ? Would the refuse him entry? just wondering if somebody has heard of something like this before .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

It depend on how long he overstayed (some trigger a 3 year ban, others a 10 year ban- if it was shorter than 180 days overstay, there may have been no ban), whether he snuck in (say, over Canadian border) or came in legally and then overstayed, and why exactly he was deported (if he worked illegally, whether he comitted a crime, missrepresented bhimself or committed fraud during deportation proceedings).

Someone who ihass been deported (as opposed to took voluntary departure, when it depends) will not be able to use the Visa Wa\iver Program and will need to apply for a tourist visa (B1). If thereas no crime and the overstay was short, it should not be too difficult to get this, contact the embassy for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 barred.ie

They do not mess around any more in the dept of homeland security.. 9/10 he will be flagged and refused entry.. Maybe he can work something out with the Embassy.

Barred

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭glomar

thanks all for the update he was there for about 6 years without a visa so I reckon he hasnt got a snowballs chance in hell .

thanks all

Advertisement