Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishwasher: spray arms not moving..

Options
  • 11-08-2008 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

We have a Zanussi DWS919 dishwasher which has suddenly stopped working. The spray arms are not rotating and there is only a trickle of water being pumped through the bottom one - and certainly not enough to make it spin. I've cleaned the filters, which were clean enough anyway. I poured additional water into the bottom from a jug, again no difference. It also looks like the machine is not filling up either. Hoses are not kinked and are intact. No blockages either. Any ideas what might be wrong people ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

check the holes in the spray arms to make sure they are not blocked, failing that can you hear a buzzing noise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭shamwari

Yes I can hear a buzzing noise and it sounds like the machine is tring to pump. The spray arms are clear. I removed the lower spray arm and the pressure from its feed pipe when its being fed wasn't anything to get excited about. I reckon I've got an obscure blockage or the pump has had it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if you hear a buzzing noise then that means the water valve is opening on your dishwasher. so IMO you've a blockage somewhere between the valve and the water inlet hoses.

try disconnecting the water inlet hose (turn off taps first) and check the little filter at the top of the hose isn't clogged with anything.

other than that you'll need a pro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dcbarker

Did you manage to fix this? We have the same problem!

Advertisement