Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL Silvercrest receiver jammed on channel 983

Options
  • 11-08-2008 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Wondering has anyone experienced their lidl silvercrest receiver jammimg on channel 983/984. From an autoscan channel 983 appears to be BBC HD. I managed to move the channel up one to channel 984 by unplugging the receiver and holding down the CH+ button on the box. Can't seem to get it off channel 984 though.
    Any solutions greatly appreciated
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 B_Rubble

Doooooh! Slightly embarrassed.
    disconnected the signal/coaxial cable then i could change the channel number. Still dont know why those particular channels jammed the receiver.
    :o

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

I have had the same problem. you just need to take it slow when going through the channel list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

I've seen it happen on HD channels as well, so I'd say it's more to do with the electronics saying "WTF", rather than the number.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

The Lidl box crashes sometimes when you repeatedly press the channel up and down buttors on the remote so quickly that the box can't keep up. As previous poster said - its electronics saying wtf.

flick on/off button behind at back of box will resolve it.

Best bet is to delete all unwanted channels after you do a scan (unless you really want all those shopping channels) and use the favourites feature to order the channels you really want in some sensible way. This will greatly cut down the amount of scrolling up and down you need to do.

Advertisement