Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky in Apartment

Options
  • 11-08-2008 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,436 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am an ex Sky customer who had no choice but to switch to UPC as I moved to an apartment.
    I hate UPC, poor services, bad stations (Buzz?), and frequent breakdowns. I have the DVR but it really is a poor machine in my opinion when compared to what Sky plus offers.

Well today I was surpised to receive a letter from Sky informing me that they have been approached by a number of residents in my complex about receiving Sky through a communal dish and if I was interested would I register?

Needless to say I registered immediately. They told me if they get more than 4 residents (I am now the 3rd, so just one more needed) that they will come and do a site assessment and liase with the management company to install the service.

Does anyone else have any experience of this?

How long does the process normally take?

My biggest worry is that the management company will kybosh the whole thing as I am convinced that there are brown envelopes being passed by Cable companies to property developers and management companies in order to offer residents no choice on services.

If anyone has any experience on this I would appreciate it.

For others who are interested in getting Sky in their apartment then goto

www.skyinyourapartment.ie

I hope it goes through as I am really looking forward to being on hold with UPC for 2 hours to cancel my service.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I siged up for this and heard they were approaching the management company. My one definitely doesn't have brown envelopes but just wouldn't want the wiring. I'd love the option though...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

In theory it can even share existing Cable TV wiring as the frequencies are different and a splitter back to separate Cable/Terrestirial/Broadband and Satellite is about 4 Euro per outlet.

Advertisement