Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain names

Options
  • 11-08-2008 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hi! I went into Web hosting, sorry it didn't look like you can post there, so I hope I can post here with this.

Basically, I know of a company who have not bought registration etc. for themselves in the .ie world, but there's a good change they will want it.

What's the chance of me registering this domain name in the hope that they will want to buy it from me? would I be allowed just register with their brand name?

It's a cheeky idea yes (and probably naive) but why not :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Firstly it's know as domain squatting and not taking kindly too. Secondly, if they wanted that domain they would probably have registered it already. Thirdly, to get a .ie domain you have to prove to the IEDR that you have claim to that particular domain name... they wont just give it to anyone who wants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

if the trademark extends to ireland there is a good chance they could get it off you. most companies go legal before they will pay off a squat

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭pauldiv

Or you could try doing real honest work for a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

to be a little more constructiive ... there are is a huge number of ppl out there ready to jump on the next delll.com. Sometimes i think that if ppl spend as much time trying to find a shortcut trying to find a good profitable niche then they would be rich right now.

Advertisement