Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "are you a boardsie in Brisbane? Fancy a boards beers?" Thread

Options
  • 11-08-2008 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

A few weeks ago we had a nice "Brisbane boards beers". So, i figured I'd open up this thread to see if there's enough people kicking about to make it a semi-regular thing.

Is anyone else in Bris? It's gone from 5 boardsies at the last beers, to only me and mahatma_coat being left in the city!

Well, that's a lie. There was actually a boardsie from Carlow at my martial arts class tonight. I was randomly training with him. Can you believe that??

That makes 3 boardsies that we know of here. So, if you're a boardsie who's living next door, or a boardsie passing through on your travels, and you fancy a few scoops with the local expats, add your post here and we'll sort something out :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

neighbour of mine from home (Limerick) called Pa Ryan in Brisbane, lives in toowoomba. dunno if you ever met him...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

well I'm not drinkin alone with you,

not since you caught teh Ghey :p

I'll see if I can find that photo of the first beers.

59434.GIF

the beers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

the beers :D

Who's who??

yep

this a veritable who's who of brisbane expat society alright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I'm in the stripey tshirt. Mahatma has the beard. The_Dee is the girl. The_cheese is the curly haired guy.

Sadly, the_dee and The_cheese have moved onto greener pastures.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

wow, not a looker in the bunch, the curly haired one isn't bad though i'd give her one. I'd like a melbourne beers but my 6 month contract ends next week and i'm off to perth for a while :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Hey hey, I'm around Briz Vegas and I'd go for a night on the piss with you seeing as I used to be a Tallaghtfornian and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    wow, not a looker in the bunch, the curly haired one isn't bad though i'd give her one. I'd like a melbourne beers but my 6 month contract ends next week and i'm off to perth for a while :(

Perth beers?! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

layke wrote: »
    Hey hey, I'm around Briz Vegas and I'd go for a night on the piss with you seeing as I used to be a Tallaghtfornian and all.

Good work. You near Brisbane centre? or you out in the sticks? me and mahatma are both within pretty easy reach of the valley and town.

Xavi6 wrote: »

get your own thread, you outcast :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

I'm out here in the Logan City area at the moment... might give it some thought...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Xavi6 wrote: »

Yes, is it just me and you though? are there others? my brother lives in an area called como, do you know it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I know it yeah. Not massively far from the city. Don't think it's on the train line though. Don't know i there's any other boardsies here at the mo.

Advertisement