Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help anyone? major brickwall?

Options
  • 11-08-2008 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey all,

Im doing the postgrad course in education in ucd later this month, and am slowly going through the grant application process. I have been teaching abroad for the past 2years or so and have recently just come back to ireland to start the pgde couse.

In the grant forms it states that you must be living in the area in which you are applying for the grant for the last 9 months or so, and since i have been living outside ireland, does anyone know does this automatically disqualify me or is there a way around this problem. It says in additional information that i have received that the council can waive this rule in exceptional circumstances.

I was wondering could anybody help me or advise me on this situation before i stick in my application? maybe include a cover note explaining what ive been doing the last two years?

Surely other people have encountered this problem, as many people take a year out, go travelling etc before returning to do a post grad course.
    any advice would be most welcome
    thanks

Advertisement