Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale: Leupold VX-III 8-5-25x50mm

• 11-08-2008 11:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭

Its this model:

http://www.leupold.com/hunting-and-shooting/products/scopes/vx-iii-riflescopes/vx-iii-8-5-25x50mm-long-range-target/

With the Varmint Hunter Reticle.

This scope was professionally mounted, by that I mean that the mounting
    rings were reamed out to the correct dimensions,
    this ensures that the scope is mounted stress free.

I Still have the box, Very little use, less that 40 rounds (Reason for sale,). Scope is in perfect condition.

Price New in Uttings.com is 926 Euro at todays exchange Rate

My Price: 450 Euro. Mounts not included as they are side mounts, no good for modern rifles.

Grab a bargin!

I live about 20 mins west from Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Can you post a few pics? How old is it? Is there any marks on it or ring marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭fish slapped

dbar I'd be interested in it , but will have to check finances to morrow , just checking that it does have a 30mm tube ? and since I am in offaly any chance of meeting me half way (maybe Tipp.)?
    cheers fs.

I'm interested, will pay asking price, will travel to cork - all depending on condition and age of Scope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭dbar

To be fair Jonty replied first, so can have first refusal, I have no probs coming half way to meet people either.
    There is a slight discolouring (and I mean slight, you have to angle the scope into good light to see it) where the rings were located on the scope, it is not marked (as in rings biting into the scope). I think this is from the anti rust oil that was put on the rings after reaming them. It is unmarked as such, It was never used for hunting, and has spent the last 6 months in its box. Its about 9 months old. It has the 30mm tube. Oh and it has a sunshade as well.
    I will try to put up pics tomorrow. I would describe it "as new", but then I would!
    All the best...

fair enough, but in case jonty turns his nose up at it (as if);) I could make down to you this friday with cash.

• Advertisement

OK,
    Not sure if this is going to work...
    http://s519.photobucket.com/albums/u356/barrowd/

Jonty,
    Are you still interested, if not Fish Slapped - say the word and its yours!

dbar wrote: »
    Jonty,
    Are you still interested, if not Fish Slapped - say the word and its yours!

Has jonty left the building???????:D:D:D

Apologies to all, I've been swamped in work the last 2 days. I'm afraid I'll have to conceed, my jeep needs some work done and its working out dearer than expected. Well may you wear fish slapped.

jonty, I know the feeling, my car needs tyres but I recon I'll get another couple o'thousand out of them.
    dbar I'll pm you with a time for friday just have to check what time herself will be home at . ok

• Advertisement

jonty, I know the feeling, my car needs tyres but I recon I'll get another couple o'thousand out of them.
    dbar I'll pm you with a time for friday just have to check what time herself will be home at . ok

Bad rubber is often the undoing of many a lad.;)

Jonty wrote: »
    I'll give ya that one.!! thats a 10 pointer!! and if I'm jinxed I'LL BLAME YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Jonty wrote: »

Jonty, you bugger ya had to say it. I was on me wat down to meet Dbar when this happened.

IMG_0092.jpg

Dbar the first results with my new scope on a day of horizontal rain at 200meters with cheap 50 gr. american eagle ammo. 6 shot group.

IMG_0091.jpg

FS,
    Outstanding results, all the scope does is show you where to put the rounds, its down to the man behind the trigger to make sure they arrive there ;), nice to do business, all d best,
    dbar

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement