Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish

Options
  • 11-08-2008 8:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Probably the totally wrong place for this, but however.....

My parents live on a country road which is a link between two towns. Every day/night somebody throws take-away wrappers out of their car. It seems to be happening overnight as she has never seen anybody do it, but most mornings, there they are. I'm talking boxes, drink containers, bags etc. It looks disgusting and it's not fair that my parents have to pick these up every day. Last week the feckers threw it and bits caught on the garden gate.

As it is happening overnight, there is no way for them to find out who is doing it to report it. And TBH the guards around our area have been known to turn a blind eye to illegal road racing so they're not going to be too pushed about rubbish.

Is there anything else they can do?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Maybe set up a small camera?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Notify the litter warden of the local ccouncil and ask them to do something about it, failing that a camera setup either that or stay up and take number plates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

have to agree speak to the local council and get them to intervene, they are usually good at helping out in relation to fly tipping...
    As to setting up a camera, unless the place is well lit, you would need a pretty good camera with Night vision to capture car reg's etc.

Advertisement