Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Progress on Hazelhatch station

Options
  • 11-08-2008 6:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,315 ✭✭✭✭

Work is well progressed with the car park 90% complete and the platform structures all but complete. The place is a bit of a mess though and there are huge pedestrian diversions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,315 ✭✭✭✭Victor

More.

Last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I was there a couple of weeks ago and the car park was already full (this was at like 12pm but still).

I dont think it will be very "future proof" if it is at capacity before it officially opens.

Has anyone else experience there with traffic? Is it already hard to find a parking space?

It was only half full during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The bridge over the line connecting Celbridge with Newcastle was closed a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if that's connected to the redevelopment of the station though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 68,019 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Zebra3 wrote: »
    The bridge over the line connecting Celbridge with Newcastle was closed a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if that's connected to the redevelopment of the station though.

more like months at this stage? The new bridge under construction is to the right of Victor's last photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Victor, the place is still a building site with access for passengers onto the platforms. You are making out that the station is finished and you are very fussy with your pics especially the open fence one which is clearly an access to a work site and not intended for public access. Do you make it your duty going round the rail network looking for faults? wait till the station is officially opened before posting pics of hazards and faults.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

cymro wrote: »
    Victor, the place is still a building site with access for passengers onto the platforms. You are making out that the station is finished and you are very fussy with your pics especially the open fence one which is clearly an access to a work site and not intended for public access. Do you make it your duty going round the rail network looking for faults? wait till the station is officially opened before posting pics of hazards and faults.

:confused: I just took it as a useful update on construction progress :confused:

Victor, the place is still a building site with access for passengers onto the platforms. You are making out that the station is finished
    The thread title includes the word "progress".
    and you are very fussy with your pics
    As opposed to? What would you have me do?
    especially the open fence one which is clearly an access to a work site and not intended for public access.
    Then why does it point like it does? That particular sign should not be there and the guy that should be on duty there should ahve been there when it was open, as pointed out to me by the Irish Rail staff.
    Do you make it your duty going round the rail network looking for faults?
    Yes - and pointing them out so that they can be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

You have got to be kidding me :eek:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Im with Victor on this one. Why should you wait until the problem is there before you point it out and it gets fixed. People were saying for ages that the dublin port tunnel wasnt big enough, and noone listened.

...stitch in time saves nine....

You have got to be kidding me :eek:.
    Sorry, I don't mean that I'm a one-man railway inspectorate. If I happen to be in a station and see a problem, I point it out.

Now, seeing as I wanted to get photos of Parkwest, I sepnt the extra €3 and got a day ticket and went to see the other stations as well.

Advertisement