Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US TV Show Return Dates

Options
  • 10-08-2008 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Looks like RTE are doing as they did last year by showing Prison Break the day after it shows in the US - hopefully they'll do that with a few more shows.

If you click on the link below and make sure the US flag is show in the top left hand corner of the page then you'll find a section down on the right hand side that says "Fall TV Premiere Reminders" find the show click on it and it'll give the date - you can even put it as a reminder into Outlook!!

WWK TV Premiere Dates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Prison Break. Jesus Christ. That show went downhill after Season 2 and doesn't look like coming back up anytime soon.

I'd rather watch the A-Team tbh. If you want a proper Prison drama, watch Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

The problem with showing them the day after is if they stop mid production or skip a week or two (superbowl etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

K4t wrote: »
    If you want a proper Prison drama, watch Oz.

Ah now c'mon - they can't really be compared..

Prison Break is light, fluffy and generally mindless (though was very smart in some respects - in earlier seasons). Whereas Oz is dark, gritty and more adult-orientated.

It's like comparing Mario Bros to The Sopranos.. because they both feature Italian characters and a green dinosaur named Yoshi...

.. OK, so they don't both feature Italian characters but Yoshi's presence is The Sopranos is pivotal to Tony's descent into madness! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If you want a proper Prison drama, watch Oz.

Because both have a prison theme does not mean they are comparable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

+1

They are not comparable at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

The Sky One Autumn line up is here:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a119796/sky1-autumn-launch-24-caprica-cilla.html

Sky One has also got the rights to Fringe which I heard is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah saw the pilot for Fringe a few months back. It was really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Prison Break and Oz are on completely different plains of existence.

Both great shows. Prison Break, however would be on a par with the likes of Heroes and Dark Angel, whereas Oz is up there with the Gods of all televison shows alongside The Sopranos and Dexter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Prison Break. Jesus Christ. That show went downhill after Season 2 and doesn't look like coming back up anytime soon.

I'd rather watch the A-Team tbh. If you want a proper Prison drama, watch Oz.

The A-Team rules!

Saw an add for Prison Break on Sky lat night and just realised I didnt bother finish watching it last season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Ha.. great link Skud.

The only thing I'd do to improve that would be just have the next episode of each show.. we don't need to know when next 3 or 4 episodes of a show airs really.. just the next one will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭matrim

This is what I use to know when shows are on in the US http://www.pogdesign.co.uk/cat/9-2008

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I use http://www.myepisodes.com

You can add just the shows you watch, and its RSS-able, so you can add todays/yesterday shows to your google or netvibes homepage.

Once you have an account, the "My Shows" / "Episodes List" option will list all upcoming episodes for the shows you are interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

That spoiler for House in the first link better not be permanent.

Advertisement