Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

indoor arrows?

Options
  • 10-08-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

been doing bit of thinking now the weather has gone all horrible and wet about my indoor set up and New arrows.

ive decided to go for 2315's even though there ridicously over spined for ma bow 26" at 60lbs i plan to weaken the shaft with HUGE points around 200--220grn pro pins.
    Basically what im thinking now is before i actually go and buy them does any onehave any other sugestions about arrows that i may have neglected.

oh and before i blow money 2315's id be right in assuming that there fita legal???

yeah so anyadvice is welcome thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Remember these arrows will be slow. Sloooooow.

Hence they will be rather unforgiving, especially vertically.

Less of an issue with a compound than on recurve, but still an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭spudnick

ther suposed to be more forgiving???:confused:

according to dave cousins due to the huge weight in the front the arrow shaft absorbs less of the energy making it less reactive.hence less sensitve to form errors.coz no ones got perfect form esp me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Doing the same myself. 2315 are the top limit of FITA legality, and due to the oddness and fuzzyness of the imperial system of measurment 2315 are actually slightly fatter than the other 23xx arrows.

Top guys also seem to be using the new ProPoint Pins at 200 - 220gr, although they say that the difference between 200 and 220 is nothing. Also, 4" QuickSpins seems to be the order of the day in fletching.

As renegade said, these will be sssslllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllloooowwwwwww arrows, but at 18m they should be stable out of a compound.

Panserborn wrote: »
    Doing the same myself. 2315 are the top limit of FITA legality, and due to the oddness and fuzzyness of the imperial system of measurment 2315 are actually slightly fatter than the other 23xx arrows.

we need all the help we can get:D;)

oh yeah anyword on the field jersys yet mac thanks?

just wondering how are we finding our indoor arrows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Highly experimental.

Spinvanes are "meh" at best. Not better or worse in terms of flight, but more expensive so why bother. AND, they have the very annoying habit of hating glue. Keep coming off!

The ProPoint Pins are a different story. Very nice. They do tend to start discussions on the line asking if they are legal ("I've never seen them so they must be illegal......" :rolleyes:) , but they are very legal and now used by may of the top archers. Maybe if I use what they use I might get better? Ah who my kidding ..................... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭johnreck

if you want to keep a bit of speed due to your ehhhh, challenging draw length.
    you could try easton fatboys, at 26 inch draw would be looking at the 500 over the 400 with a 150 grn propoint as they look so cool.
    there not as wide as a 23/15 but they are fast.
    i shoot 400 fatboys with 150 grn tips and there pretty good.
    havent shot the 23/15 so cant comment.
    have a set on order with 220 and also 200 propoints to see how they go.
    should be interesting to see which one i end up keeping..

Advertisement