Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

graphics card

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

HD4850 isnt much of an upgrade over your card, its as fast as an 8800gtx.

Only single card worth upgrading to is HD4870 or Gtx 260.

Gtx 260 loves CoH.

0,1425,i=213386,00.gif

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2321640,00.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

Thanks for the quick responce Sqaull20, but both of those cards are 250+

Also my card is only a 320mb... ?

What is PCI Express 16 and PCI express 2.0, cause I have PCI Express 16...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

HD4870 is €205 here, best bang for buck gpu out there at the moment. Shipping is €30 tho.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    HD4870 is €205 here, best bang for buck gpu out there at the moment. Shipping is €30 tho.

Cool, and it looks like it answered my question, PCI express 2.0 is 16x...

I'll buy that on ur recommendation PogMoThoin, cheerz m8

Bought from Komplett, the other site didn't like any of my inputs, and the english was piss poor.

I got it DHL'd from Komplett.ie in the end, bought the exact same model u specified. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

COH is an nvidia the way its meant to be played game, even though the HD4870 is a bit faster than the GTX 260, cheaper and the better card, it does run faster on the Gtx 260.Which doesnt matter anyway as the HD4870 can max out that game at whatever res.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Sniipe wrote: »
    I have currently:
    Gainward GeForce 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3, PCI-Express, "BP8800GTS-320M-TV-DD"

But its slugish around the likes of company of heroes. I'd really like to get that game running at max.

I have Asus P5N-E SLI with an E6600 so, I think my bottle neck is the graphics card (I have 4Gb GeIL Black Dragon RAM, so I think thats fine)

What graphics card (if any) can I get for around 160euro that will be significantly better than what I have? Or should I upgrade elsewhere... ie M/B or Processor, to get the best out of games? (IE could I buy HIS Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDMI/HDCP, will my m/b even take it as I don't see on my m/b spec here anything about PCI Express 2.0, but it does say x16... I'm clueless :) )

I would really appreciate ur help

Im the same question really and the same card as you. Been looking at new cards and Ati seem to be the cheap option.

I was looking to go Nvidia 260 or 280 but the price of 400 euro for the Nvidia 280 GTX seems very expensive and im yet to find a website can show all the latest cards in a benchmark. Tomshardware.com seems to be way behind the new cards atm.

The ATI HD 4870 seems to be the one thats good value and good performance just need to see how they match vs Nvidia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Scram wrote: »
    Im the same question really and the same card as you. Been looking at new cards and Ati seem to be the cheap option.

I was looking to go Nvidia 260 or 280 but the price of 400 euro for the Nvidia 280 GTX seems very expensive and im yet to find a website can show all the latest cards in a benchmark. Tomshardware.com seems to be way behind the new cards atm.

The ATI HD 4870 seems to be the one thats good value and good performance just need to see how they match vs Nvidia.

Have a Gander at this Thread :D
    4870 Reviews

Got my card today with DHL express... looks shiney. I'll do a before and after on some benchmarking program for my particular bog standard rig.

Yeah tomshardware is terrible this weather...

Nice review Papu btw, I missed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Sniipe wrote: »
    Got my card today with DHL express... looks shiney. I'll do a before and after on some benchmarking program for my particular bog standard rig.

Yeah tomshardware is terrible this weather...

Nice review Papu btw, I missed that one.

na problems mate , enjoy it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement