Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question

Options
  • 10-08-2008 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

We've just ordered Sky and I have the Lidl satellite system installed. Could the technician just use the satellite thats up and aligned already or does he have to put up a Sky one ?
    The satellite is a proper home one mounted on an antenna pole that works perfect and is aligned properly to Astra 28.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

from experience if your happy for the sky installer to use your existing dish then he will simply put in the box and be very happy indeed, get him to leave you a sky dish lnb etc and possibly some cable he would have had to use this anyway had there not been a dish

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

only risk is that the installer may not like the look of your installation for fear that you will ring up sky next month saying the dish is now misaligned!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

deaglan169 wrote: »
    from experience if your happy for the sky installer to use your existing dish then he will simply put in the box and be very happy indeed, get him to leave you a sky dish lnb etc and possibly some cable he would have had to use this anyway had there not been a dish
    Thats what I was hoping to hear. He doesn't need to come at all because I'l have the phone line ready to be plugged the satellite already up, aligned and the coax brought to the box as well.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    only risk is that the installer may not like the look of your installation for fear that you will ring up sky next month saying the dish is now misaligned!
    Thats what I'm afraid of but I'll explain to him that I can realign the dish because I put it up in the first place and aligned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

If the dish is a lidl dish it will fail /become misaligned in a decent storm. Sky zone 2 minidishes are far from perfect , but a lot more robust than a lidl dish

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

cian1500ww wrote: »
    The satellite is a proper home one mounted on an antenna pole that works perfect and is aligned properly to Astra 28.

The satellites work best 22,500 miles above the Equator. I presume you have a dish.

Some dishes are really too small for reliable Irish reception. What diameter in centimetres is it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

If you can receive "movies4men 2" in bad weather without picture badly deteriorating then you have it spot on. :D:D
    Not that i watch that channel but it seams to be the one with the weakest signal so if you get that spot on then the rest will be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

It is a lidl dish but I can receive all channels and its been up for nearly two years and only went out of line once. Bad weather can affect some of the channels but overall its good enough for me. The dish is the one that comes with the home Lidl satellite system. Its quite big and has a dual LNB.

Advertisement