Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Detailed "driving" map of Dublin?

Options
  • 10-08-2008 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi!

Does anyone know if an online map of Dublin city exists with one-way systems / "no right turns" etc. displayed? Or even if there was a map book that had them marked (not just the one-way systems)?

I'm not too familiar with driving in the city - usually I'm on the bus -and was caught out the other day when I had planned to turn right and couldn't. :o I have the Ordinance Survey Street Guide (I have no sense of direction!) but I need a bit more detail as it doesn't distinguish between bus-only routes etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,312 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The OSi Dublin City and District Street Guide is about the best there is, but even that has hundreds of errors. I don't know of any Dublin map that shows "no right turns" and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Some 'No right turn' are in operation at specific times or on a temporary basis which further complicates the matter (for map purposes).

If right turns are prohibited, drive up to the next right turn and use that (obviously if not restricted also) to get back onto the other road or do a U turn if it is permitted and safe to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Deadeyes

http://maps.google.co.uk/ indicates the direction of all one-way streets once you zoom in close enough.

Advertisement