Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture of a green office building in Barcelona

Options
  • 10-08-2008 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

Green office building in Barcelona (on Diagonal 662 / 08034).

A good greenwashing like this could visually transform many ugly 1960s and 1970s office buildings in Ireland, at a relatively low cost. Planeta is a Spanish media company.

Picture: (1000 x 664 px) http://der.probe.googlepages.com/planetabis.jpg

High resolution pic - if you want to scroll around to see the individual plants (4288 x 2848 px) - (click on the picture to zoom it to full size after it downloads in most browsers).
    http://der.probe.googlepages.com/planeta.jpg

.probe

www.planeta.es

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 elleA

:eek: Wow...What an absolutely stunning building.
    probe wrote: »
    A good greenwashing like this could visually transform many ugly 1960s and 1970s office buildings in Ireland, at a relatively low cost.

I'm joyously imagining that... *sigh* but I can't see it happening anytime soon. I'll live in hope though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Kama

I'm reminded of the original plan for the Arts Block in Trinity, modeled on the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. Sweet pic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

They've been doing this for years. This one's from Scotland.

greenhouse.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Great picture, thanks probe.

There are a lot of similar buildings in Ireland which could do with such a treatment. The hideous government buildings on Sullivan's Quay in Cork come to mind, as does a lot of the IFSC. There might be other benefits too, maybe the plant cover helps with temperature regulation, making it cooler in summer and warmer in winter, thus reducing energy requirements for a/c and heating.

Unfortunately a lot of our buildings look so bad (I'm thinking of most of the apartment buildings built in the 1990s in Cork, Limerick and Dublin) that even this treatment probably can't redeem them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

There are a lot of similar buildings in Ireland which could do with such a treatment. The hideous government buildings on Sullivan's Quay in Cork come to mind

Perhaps .probe had that very building in mind as a very suitable prime candidate when he pointed his Nikon at the Planeta building in Barcelona!

.probe

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what if you don't want insects flying around your offices all day?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

i wouldnt care id use flyspray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭probe

I have a very green terrace, in the Mediterranean area, and no insect problem. It is very easy to keep buildings like this free of insects - one squirt of ordinary household spray in Spring, and another in the Autumn and you will have no insects all year. Assuming you have a generally clean environment - ie dispose of food waste promptly etc.

.probe

Advertisement