Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrior L96 or JG Bar 10

Options
  • 09-08-2008 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Is there a clear winner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

marui gspec....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

for ease of maintenance , i would go with the bar10 even though i own a gspec (those cylinder heads are a right pain to drill out on the gspec)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

Budget is the overriding factor here, €190 max including postage. Going to have to be one of these 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

iv benn useing the well l96 for a few months now almost everyday and i have to say its a great gun was going to get the l96 but changed my mind as i am getting the vsr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

They both perform about the same with regard to range and accuracy. The main difference comes with the style (obviously) and with small operational differences. I find the L96 is easier to cock but the bolt is a little loud. The BAR10 has a quieter bolt and a working silencer but is a little more stiff to cock. The BAR10 also has the more traditional M40 look in the straight stock-grip where the L96 has the newer style integrated pistol grip with thumbhole leading to the stock, which is adjustable. For comfort I prefer the L96 as it fits me better, for silence the BAR10 would pip it.
    It's something I suggest you actually get to hold before you order as the comfort-in-hand is probably going to be the deciding factor.

• Advertisement

i find the l96 does have a little louder bolt then the bar 10 but not by much and that is only if you start to panic if you just chill and take your time it can be very quite as can any sniper.i will credit the l96 on its balance,its a lovely peice to holy and fire accurately from a standing shot witch is a little harder with the bar10.you must spend alot of time setting the hop up and the scope if give it about 30 mins if you cant give it to long and you should have it close to perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

amaughan wrote: »
    i find the l96 does have a little louder bolt then the bar 10 but not by much and that is only if you start to panic if you just chill and take your time it can be very quite as can any sniper.i will credit the l96 on its balance,its a lovely peice to holy and fire accurately from a standing shot witch is a little harder with the bar10.you must spend alot of time setting the hop up and the scope if give it about 30 mins if you cant give it to long and you should have it close to perfect.

My weight category would say bar 10 :D . but i like l96 as well.
    amaughan which one u would advise to buy.

i would go for the l96 but for your weight id say a straw and blow hahaha

U talk like u know me... Oh yes right u do

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭RC car fanatic

Why not go for a Steyr ssg,even if you got the kit it would be under your budget including postage.

• Advertisement

Why not go for a Steyr ssg,even if you got the kit it would be under your budget including postage.
    I would`t go for ssg. To many negative reviews on that one.

there is just something to fragile about them i was holding one a while ago and i felt like i was in the pound shop

Maybe...I was shooting one a few weeks ago at HRTA an it was really solid.

Maybe...I was shooting one a few weeks ago at HRTA an it was really solid.

i dont know man just going to have to agree to disagree hahaha

Ye everyone has different opinions..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

well my money has to go with the BAr 10 for east of maintenance and availability of parts, along with it being small quiet and light weight

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I have the BAR10 myself, gave it its first good run today and id rate it more highly than the L96, i like the look of the 96 but its heavier and more noisey than this one.,

What make is the bar10?

It`s JG

Thanks.

• Advertisement

I think it all boils down to personal preference from what I have read. I'm still undecided, I think I might just try to save a few more euros and get a TM G3 SG1. I had ordered a JG version from HK but it disapered somewhere between there and here.

Any reasons why I shouldent do this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

I think it all boils down to personal preference from what I have read. I'm still undecided, I think I might just try to save a few more euros and get a TM G3 SG1. I had ordered a JG version from HK but it disapered somewhere between there and here.

Any reasons why I shouldent do this?

I've been using a TM G3SG1 since I started in airsoft.
    Its an absolutely amazing AEG.
    A few minor upgrades and a tightbore barrel and you've got a great marksmans rifle

personally if i was after a G3 id just get the JG version., we have both the JG and the TM in the shop and the JG is actually BETTER quality than the TM, its close to the limit too and comes with solid gears and metal bushings. i wouldnt spend that kinda money on the TM when its no better than the clone really.,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

As much as I love my TM I own the JG and the TM versions of the G3 and must admit vtec is right.
    I'd change some of the body screws on the JG and you're sorted.
    Must put up a comparison thread soon........

What shop are you vtec?
    BTW anybody heard about airguns.ie, just saw it tonight, dw2 in another form.

although i dont speak for the shop, i just work there, it would be irresponcible to "pimp" the stuff in other threads., :) although most people would already know.,lol

Anybody know where I can get a JG G3 SG1 in Ireland?

Anybody know where I can get a JG G3 SG1 in Ireland?
    here http://www.eirsoft.ie/store/index.php?manufacturers_id=3

• Advertisement

Found one, cheers anyway, dont know how I missed that.
    Feel free to close this thread, I dont think the L96 Bar 10 question is ever going to be resolved conclusively.

Advertisement