Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taptips.ie

Options
  • 09-08-2008 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I thought I saw a thread here last week where someone was expressing his amazement that water shortages have not been announced this summer.

Now I realise why this post was deleted. The various Dublin and Kildare councils have launched a massive campaign this week to "raise awareness" about the fact that they are " at the pin of their collar". Reserves are short, people must conserve,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And in the last paragraph of the Evening Herald propaganda piece we get to the heart of the issue, if people PAID all the problems would be solved.

Now anyone acquainted with human psychology will know that when something is free and plentiful, no one will desire to waste the resource.

This is just another scam, an no doubt all the "greenies" will jump on the bandwagon. I contacted the council, I am willing to sell the water from my swimming pool (previously known as the back garden).

Famous quote, "OH STUPID MAN, IS THERE NOTHING YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 THEHEDGEHOG

taconnol wrote: »
    And yes I do think people should pay? Please explain why they should not pay? I understand concerns of double taxation but really, Ireland has quite low taxes when compared to other European countries.

I know a goner when I see someone asking for extra taxation.

The media really have done quite a job on you. No doubt you have also taken the bait on this whole global warming/co2 issue.

I don't care how Ireland compares to Europe, I don't care if every other country has such charges, I am not "all in this togeather".

Advice #2: Drop the attitude, unless you want to get people's backs up.

Not too worried about others opinions to be honest, I don't need anyone holding my hand.
    Having studies these issues to Master level, forgive me if I take my professors' opinions more seriously than someone who think that no one has been into space since the 1960s. I'm guessing scientific facts aren't exactly your forte.

Your "prof" is there for his wages, who decides the topics covered, have you ever thought about that? A save the world course is hardly going to cover the fact that the vast majority of green "issues" are nothing more than sensationalism.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Not too worried about others opinions to be honest
    I think you've made that quite clear.

Your "prof" is there for his wages, who decides the topics covered, have you ever thought about that? A save the world course is hardly going to cover the fact that the vast majority of green "issues" are nothing more than sensationalism.
    Actually most of them are female, but thanks for throwing in that sexist assumption for good measure. Oh yes. Because there was just SO much money to be made by saving the environment, especially when these people got involved 20, 30 years ago. God, and there was me considering a masters in finance. Those IFSC heads don't know what they're missing...Using your logic, no course is credible, which is total rubbish.

You still have yet to say anything remotely convincing.

Actually most of them are female, but thanks for throwing in that sexist assumption for good measure..

Calling someone out on political correctness, you really are the new man, are you and your mates PCP's (politically correct peoples)???

I am not "PC", I can tell the difference between black and white, male and female, asian and european and so on. No problem whatsoever.
    Oh yes. Because there was just SO much money to be made by saving the environment, especially when these people got involved 20, 30 years ago. .
    There was a professors wage to be made.
    Using your logic, no course is credible, which is total rubbish.

Yes thats right, look into the origins of the education system, see Gatto, Underground History of Education, available free online.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Calling someone out on political correctness, you really are the new man, are you and your mates PCP's (politically correct peoples)???
    Aaaand you just did it again. I'm female. Hidden assumptions are quite the bitch, you'll find.
    There was a professors wage to be made.
    Oh yes, and we all know how high that is:rolleyes:
    Environmentalists just can't win when it comes to money. When we ignore it, we're told we're not being realistic. When we factor it in, we're accused of selling out. The sad reality is, money is the only thing this world understands, so if an environmental initiative is going to work, it has to make money. Perfect example is the conservation of wildlife in African & other countries. Wildlife in the areas of controlled hunting is flourishing while areas with outright bans are seeing their populations collapse under illegal poaching.

Yes thats right, look into the origins of the education system, see Gatto, Underground History of Education, available free online.
    Please. A huge part of my course was teaching us to question everything, statistics, where they come from, etc. How does that fit into your conspiracy theory?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement