Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good panel beater Sth Dublin

Options
  • 09-08-2008 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My sister's '07 Golf was clipped by a van yesterday - damage gets progressively worse from drivers door to rear bumper. She would like it back to like new condition. Can anyone recommend a good bodyshop in South Dublin that she can go to? She had a knock in the car before and got it repaired through her VW garage. She was disappointed by the work done and doesn't want to make the same mistake again.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭245

If I narrowed it down to the following...

Murphy & Gunne Rathgar bodyshop
    Crofton Motors Sundrive
    Ashmore Ryder

which would you choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

Dennings Spawell/ M50 . I see everybodies afraid to recommend so just add this to your list and get a few prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

I would recommend Niall Driver in Enniskerry,

He's not "cheap" but he is one of the best out there, you really get what you pay for in this game!!!!!

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Carcraft were (mostly) highly recommended by a few on this board. They're on the northside tho AFAIK...

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

I have had some work done to my VW in M&G Rathgar - no complaints, but it was mainly paint work.

Ashgrove repairs off Kill Ave. have also done some in the past for me. No worries with them either.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll get her to visit some of the ones suggested to sort out a few quotes and we'll go from there

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

I brought my Integra here when it got broken into. Radio was stolen and wires cut, among other things.

When I collected the car they had not done anything with the wires on radio. I took it anyway as I was moving house that day. Discovered later that my brake lights and horn werent working.

Not impressed.

Had to go back to get a lock barrel and I informed them it needed a window seal. Never got the window seal

walshy123 wrote: »
    I brought my Integra here when it got broken into. Radio was stolen and wires cut, among other things.

When I collected the car they had not done anything with the car. I took it anyway as I was moving house that day. Discovered later that my brake lights and horn werent working.

Not impressed.

Had to go back to get a lock barrel and I informed them it needed a window seal. Never got the window seal

Good to know - thanks. I got a Fiesta wing done there about 10 years ago - had to bring it back as they made a bit of a mess of the paint matching (car was less than 2 years old, red plain paint). They got it right second time around but left the car with a misaligned headlight. I had hoped that it was a once off and it is a long time ago but I reckon that I'll take them off the list - not worth the risk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

My choice would be:

Crofton's on Sundrive road for defo. Great experience with them.
    Coyle's in Monkstown
    Gerry McGuire in Ballsbridge (although it's been a while since I've used him, admittedly).

So out of you shortlist - Crofton's, without hesitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

sorry bit of typo there. i said they didnt do anything with the car. i meant they didnt do anything with the wiring. hence multiple fuses were blown

• Advertisement

AudiChris wrote: »
    My choice would be:

Crofton's on Sundrive road for defo. Great experience with them.
    Coyle's in Monkstown
    Gerry McGuire in Ballsbridge (although it's been a while since I've used him, admittedly).

So out of you shortlist - Crofton's, without hesitation.

My sister, who's not a car expert by any means, was disappointed with the job that Gerry Maguire did on her car last time around - lots of buffer swirls on the bonnet etc - otherwise fine.

Looks like Crofton might be the way to go - I've never heard anything bad about them

• Registered Users Posts: 21,239 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Exclusive Autobody in Bray. Excellent work, and approved shop for a couple of insurance companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭eko

eoin_s wrote: »
    Exclusive Autobody in Bray. Excellent work, and approved shop for a couple of insurance companies.

I've used Exclusive Autobody a few times before, and thought they were excellent! Got a scratch on my bonnet recently, so went back to get it looked it.. but they were gone! In their place were ACE Autobody. Anyone try these guys? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 dizzydave10

Hi there is a crowd of the ranelagh rd that have fit my cars a few times in the past that are very good at repair work, a friend of mine told me that not many garages repair any more but just replace the parts making the job alot more expensive. they have a website www.southdublincrashrepairs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Hi there is a crowd of the ranelagh rd that have fit my cars a few times in the past that are very good at repair work, a friend of mine told me that not many garages repair any more but just replace the parts making the job alot more expensive. they have a website www.southdublincrashrepairs.com
    Please read the charter and don't resurrect old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement