Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greystones Commute

Options
  • 08-08-2008 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I'm moving to Greystones shortly. I work in Sandyford. Can anyone tell me how long it should take me to drive to work during rush hour? |I know there is another thread asking about this commute but it doesn't provide an answer to my question. Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I imagine getting to Sandyford is the easy bit - the hard bit is getting into Sandyford.

There is a bus service by Finnegans that does Bray-Sandyford Luas.

http://www.finnegan-bray.ie/index_files/Page661.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hi Maximusk.

The commute can take anything from 30 minutes (this morning, aiming to be there for 8:00) to an hour (winter, bad weather, aiming to be there for 9).

As Victor has suggested, the hard part is getting INTO Sandyford. If you're trying to get into the industrial estate once you come off the M50, the traffic is very heavy. If it's Sandyford village, that would be slightly easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 maximusk

Thanks Mike

I am going to be working at the IMI in Sandyford so hopefully I won't have to deal with too much of the traffic from the Industrial Estate. From reading these Greystones & Charlesland boards you seem to be the man to ask about all things Greystones! Do you think it would be worth it to try avoiding the M50 altogether and take the smaller road which passes through Enniskerry and then over the M50? Thank you for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

It look me 20 minutes yesterday, but you have to know a few tricks to avoid the queue into the estate itself from the M50.

Getting out is more of a pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

I should say that Kilmacanogue (sp?) and Bray on the N11 will be a pain once the schools start

• Advertisement
Advertisement