Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend System for wii,projector,dvd & satelitte

Options
  • 08-08-2008 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

See this thread for complete details of my setup. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055347892

Considering the advice im considering getting something better than i have even though ive just forked out €300 on that one which will now sit in the attic.

Anyway the limitation is the projector has only 4 outputs: S-video, HDMI, the 3 blue,red,green composite connections and a yellow video connection although there is no red and white for audio.

Using Wii to scart is not possible because the projector doesent have a scart connection so ive no way of getting video so the options for the wii are red,yellow and white cables like i currently use or the blue,red,green ones, think theyre called composite afaik?

Anyway im looking for a system that will allow me to switch sound between the wii,dvd player and satellite. Currently as you ca see from the other thread i can only connect the dvd and tv sound wise. Im ok picture wise as the projector switches between svideo,video and hdmi to show pictures for the wii,dvd and satelitte.

Im not looking for something fancy as ive alredy wasted enough money with the last system. I had hoped i could just us the current system and get a small speaker to output the sound for the wii by plugging the red and white audio cables into a speaker but i cant find such a thing.

Im in Athlone so the only decent place is the Sony centre but its very expensive so i would prefer to by via the net, Komplett, Ebay etc would do fine but i really need to know that it can basically hook up with my dvd player, sky box and show pictures and sound for all but as you can see from the last peie of kit i dont have a clue about this stuff so i would really appreciate if someone would link me to something that would do the job and also possibly a link to somewhere to buy it. Will it be basically another dvd system or smething different ill be looking for.

Advertisement