Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Release Date for 4th season DVD (1st half anyway)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's not that bad imo. The RRP is £34.99, compared to 49.99 for the previous 20 ep seasons. And the actual selling price is bound drop even lower after release. Yeah we're still kinda getting screwed but anyone who feels strongly about it will just wait for a complete boxset. What they did with the U.S. season 2 boxsets was far worse. At least they've got an excuse for splitting it this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I disagree. There is no excuse. There was a long mid-season break during season 2 as well. Exactly the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

noodler wrote: »

thats why i stopped buying family guy on dvd..

but this is bsg. more sales could mean more movies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

Pass, I'll wait for the full box set.

Surely the actors will have to move on at some stage. I doubt there will be any movies beyond what was already planned.

35-40e for 10 episodes?

I think its a sham. I wonder how much mid-season breaks are truly motivated by the desire to split these things in half.

I blame Lost for starting it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Has anyone else noticed that it's nigh on impossible to get season 3 in any of the retail shops? You can get series one, two and three in a box set for 55 euro in the bigger shops but no season 3 and since I already have one + two I'm hardly going to buy them twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

nhughes100 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed that it's nigh on impossible to get season 3 in any of the retail shops? You can get series one, two and three in a box set for 55 euro in the bigger shops but no season 3 and since I already have one + two I'm hardly going to buy them twice.

You can buy it online for about €32.

noodler wrote: »

That is a very good price indeed.

I was put off buying it online as I did it and got stung by the customs and excise so I returned it, but am willing to try again. Thanks for the link but it still doesn't explain what the retail shops are at.

• Advertisement

Have been buying DVDs online for a number of years now and never got any hassel from the Customs people.

nhughes100 wrote: »
    I was put off buying it online as I did it and got stung by the customs and excise so I returned it, but am willing to try again. Thanks for the link but it still doesn't explain what the retail shops are at.

I wasn't aware customs between two EU countries existed. Anyway, I have spent a fortune online on stuff from the UK and must say I have never had any problems whatsoever.

Who did you buy off? Maybe you bought from outside the EU. 18 pounds shouldn't be enough to warrent customs anyway.

Furthermore, I was under the impression customs was the buyer's responsibility, i.e. why did they allow you return whatever you bought?

Strange one anyway.

I've ordered loads of stuff online too and this was the only one to get caught. It was 54.99 of play.com at the start of the year. I got a letter from customs saying I had to pay vat and a 5euro handling fee which I seriously object to. Not that I'm short of a fiver but I've paid for postage and package so why should I give an post more money.

So I rang the number and they said that if I don't collect it that the package will be sent back to play.com. I duly went to play.com and returned the item and got my money back about 2 months later.

Funny thing is I ordered a book with the same order and got that fine.

That is strange. Maybe they only check like one in a 100?

I ordered 100e box sets from play before with no probs (in fact came via courior).

Wasn't in the last year mind. Still tho man, its clerly a once off or we'd all be moaning about it.I bought my S3 from the link I showed you for 33 pounds in May with no Probs. Don't be put off.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Play.com is based in Jersey which is not part of the EU and therefore subject to customs. You were very unlucky but don't let it put you off buying online. Maybe just avoid the Jersey-based companies in future when buying boxsets.

Again about 10 box sets from jersey based companies like 101 or play and never a charge.

Id keep doing it to be honest, they have the best prices and free delivery.

I'm not put off as I'd much rather buy online but just thought it was curious that you can buy season 3 as part of an overall box set but not individually. Yeah they must only check a sample of them, I don't know where they get off charging a handling fee and you have to go down and collect it in that sorting office near the mad cow roundabout. Imagine paying for that privilige!

Advertisement