Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frankie Boyle

Options
  • 08-08-2008 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭

Anyone know If he is coming to Dublin anytime soon? I love him on 'Mock the week' and other such programmes and would love to see him live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPJM2DMozpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Frankie Boyle is a legend. He has no Irish gigs planned for this year. I was checking for this last week and he is just touring the UK this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

ratinakeg wrote: »
    Frankie Boyle is a legend. He has no Irish gigs planned for this year. I was checking for this last week and he is just touring the UK this year.

Damnnation,he is the funniest person Ive seen on tv in a while and his stand up stuff on youtube is freakin hillarious! I hope he comes soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I like Frankie Boyle but he needs to come up with some new material. He rehashes so much of his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

the man is a legend, i saw him in kilkenny 07 and was in stiches laughin the whole time! i would defo go see him do a full show!! such a naturally funny man!

such a naturally funny man!

I think thats why I like him. He never seems to be trying to hard to be funny -Ed Byrne take note!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

He has a new DVD coming out in November. Can't wait

ratinakeg wrote: »
    He has a new DVD coming out in November. Can't wait

:eek: me want!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

panda100 wrote: »
    Anyone know If he is coming to Dublin anytime soon? I love him on 'Mock the week' and other such programmes and would love to see him live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPJM2DMozpg

Yeah he's probably the best thing on Mock the Week tbh.
    Comes out with some real intelligent, funny sh1t at times.
    Very under-rated.
    The thick scottish accent really enhances his gags as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Ash_M

DVD? details anybody? of which show, etc...

completely agree, he's so under-rated, and an intelligent guy. hope he comes to ireland soon! the reason i watch mock the week really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Mikel

I saw him live in London, very funny. A lot of it you will have heard on tv though. Picks on audience members very nicely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭danh789

Anyone know if he is performing in Ireland any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭salutations

danh789 wrote: »
    Anyone know if he is performing in Ireland any time soon?

According to ticketmaster he's only touring the UK next year which is a ****er. And most of them seem to be sold out, was prepared to fly over and catch one of his shows. He's up there with Jimmy Carr for me, pure evil.

Why doesnt he do Irish tours. Being from Glasgow and called Boyle he must have some Irish links.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Why doesnt he do Irish tours. Being from Glasgow and called Boyle he must have some Irish links.

His dad is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

He is finished doing Mock the Week now too unfortunately:(

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭emmetcummins

He's funny but he loves repeating his jokes like that Abu Hamza finger puppet joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheMorningLine

hope he is back on our screens soon

hope he is back on our screens soon

well BBC have completely banished him so he wont be appearing there any time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭bret69

well BBC have completely banished him so he wont be appearing there any time soon!

What? He's on Johnaton Ross next week!

frankie boyle plays vicar street twice in may next year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

frankie boyle plays vicar street twice in may next year!!

He's at Waterfront in Belfast the 2 nights previous also, but its been sold out for ages. I think he's brilliant, love the live DVD also

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I did find him funny at first, but most of his material is Scotland deprication. Gets a bit tiresome after a while. Mind you, I am just going on MtW. Haven't seen stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

WindSock wrote: »
    I did find him funny at first, but most of his material is Scotland deprication. Gets a bit tiresome after a while. Mind you, I am just going on MtW. Haven't seen stand up.

No point in getting his dvd then,
    If you've seen his mock the week stuff then you can discount 90% of his dvd as the other 10% is slagging the audience.

Pity he left mock the week won't be the same without him.

On the subject of MTW the Too hot for TV 2 DVD is out and has nothing from the last series,it has 3 old full episodes which if you've seen the other mtw dvd aren't worth it and the out takes aren't great either.

I saw Andy Parsons and Russell Howards new dvd's,Howards is crap
    Parsons isn't much better.

I read his autobiography recently which was very funny. He spends a whole chapter talking about Ireland and his Summer holidays back in Donegal. I reckon then his Irish gigs will be great as he has a strong connection with here.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

panda100 wrote: »
    I read his autobiography recently which was very funny. He spends a whole chapter talking about Ireland and his Summer holidays back in Donegal. I reckon then his Irish gigs will be great as he has a strong connection with here.
    I was only waiting for some1 to give this a positive before I buy it thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Must have imagined it was him presenting never mind the buzzcocks the other night :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Hi, does anyone know if his gigs are all sold out in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

anyone???????????????

Advertisement