Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gaa this w/end

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

you would have to fancy kerry at 4/11 in croaker lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Definitely, Galway are decimated with injuries, expect Kerry to win well. Armagh will hammer Wexford, this nonsense of them not being able to score is a joke. Hurling is a bit harder to call but Kilkenny should win out after a tough first 50 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭offaly4sam

did an acc. on the following

armagh -3 10/11
    Kildare +4 evens
    kerry -2 8/13
    kilkenny -3 5/6

20E returns 248.77

or if you want a bigger return put galway to win outright at 10/3

that would return 667.33

There's no way Cork will be beaten by Kildare let alone by 4 points. The rest of the bet looks good though I'd fancy Kerry to beat Galway by more then 2. If I got -4 at evs I'd take that and rule out Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

nhughes100 wrote: »
    There's no way Cork will be beaten by Kildare let alone by 4 points. The rest of the bet looks good though.

Thats not what he's backing, he's backing Kildare to finish within 4 points of Cork

No i think kildare are underrated,altough it pains me to say because i live on the border but there a good team. I think it will be a close match. I have a feeling galway will sneak a win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭redfan

is that kerry 8/13 -2 points ?

Thats not what he's backing, he's backing Kildare to finish within 4 points of Cork

Apologies, mis-read that, yeah that's actually a good bet so!:)

offaly4sam wrote: »
    No i think kildare are underrated,altough it pains me to say because i live on the border but there a good team. I think it will be a close match. I have a feeling galway will sneak a win.

Kildare have had their run and this business of trying to get the match rescheduled has tipped their hand I think. Galway with a full team could very well have sneaked a win but they are crippled with injuries, Joyce will not get the free reign he has gotten in the last two games.

I think galway can sneak a win though,you can never rule them out.
    Every week 1 team lets me down so hopefully i wont be let down this weekend...im due a win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ignoring the handicaps - picking the 4 favs for the football 1/4 finals ie

Kerry 3-10
    Armagh 2-5
    Cork 2-7
    Dublin 8-15

pays 2.59 to 1 (just over 5-2) with PP

I'd rather do this rather than messin with the handicaps - football has gotten so attritional, defensive and low-scoring that the difference between a very good side and a good side are now minimal

• Advertisement
Advertisement