Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tracey spoke in Eastenders!

Options
  • 08-08-2008 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Couldn't believe it last night - Tracey the barmaid actually had a full blown conversation with Sean Slater in the Vic! Anyone else see it?

She's such a strange character in Eastenders - she's in it years but never says anything. None of the other soaps seem to have a character like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Yeh, i thought it was funny that Sean said 'you don't say much Tracy do you' and she said over all the years she worked there she learned to keep her mouth shut because they're all nuts!
    Was a strange episode i thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭gazzer

Didnt Tracey have a speaking part a few years back as well? I think it was around the time of Den been buried under the Vic. Tracey got held hostage and then knocked out by (I think) Chrissie (Dens widow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭hot fuss

I thought that scene was hilarious and really well written. Basically pointing out that she's been there the whole time, thinks they're all crazy and just keeps her head down and doesn't get involved but sees it all.. Hilarious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

Yeah I think she's had a few lines over the years, but it's rare. I'ts just a weird situation though isn't it? I wonder what the story is, is the actess happy to play the quiet part? Maybe she's actually a crew member that fills in now and then or something?

I was reading somewhere that it was at Tracey's birthday party years ago that Nigel met Debbie (Claire's mother) who was a friend of hers and in fact Tracey is Claire's godmother - although there was no reference made to this when Claire came back into the show. They never even showed the two speaking as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

shes kind of like winston (the guy on the stall, think thats his name) there years but never really says anything.

i liked that part, was funny

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Yeah, I was amazed at the amount of lines she got in Thursday's episode as well. Usually she's as much a piece of furniture as the Queen Vic bust on the bar. Gazzer is right too though, Tracey did get a few words to say back when DD popped his clogs - or had 'em popped for him by Chrissy as it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Its was a shock she spoke!

How long has she worked at the Vic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭xbox36016

i cant belave she said a ward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I'm not surprised she was never given a speaking part before, she's sh!t. She spoke like she was reading her lines straight off a page for the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 colinmatts

Yeah I was surprized to see that too. The actress who plays her must have gotten her full equity card recently. Only full equity members are allowed have lines on tv. Otherwise your just an extra and extras must play dumb. There's always regular extras on all the soaps. Glad Phil gave sean slater a dig!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

colinmatts wrote: »
    Otherwise your just an extra and extras must play dumb. There's always regular extras on all the soaps.

Do they make a living at it? Some of the guys in Fair City have been there for years. I'm thinking of the barman in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

And then of course there was Big Ron in Eastenders who never said a word but when he died they said hed won the Lotto and moved to Spain,is a weird soap alright.

Advertisement