Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asp

Options
  • 07-08-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

hey does anyone have code for creating thumbnails when uploading images I have the form uploadin images but would like to create a thumbnail after the image is loaded in a thumbnail folder and then save the larger file in one folder and the smaller file in another. Logic being that I caould scan the folder with the thumb nails and display the results (thumbnails ) on the page then when I click on it it will launched the large version from the other folder. I have done it in PHP but not in asp. Any tips would be great thanks!!!:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

you'll need a component to do it. check with your host to see what they have installed. asp.net has a built in one but if you are doing it in classic asp, check out www.aspjpeg.com.

Rgds,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

its jsut standard asp but cheers - i'll check it out and see what I can take from it - cheers for the link really appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Do you have access to install components on the webserver? You will need to if you want to create thumbnails. If it's a hosting environment, your provider may already have some installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭swordsinfo

not sure i have the site hosted with an american host but will check the standard login and see what I come against. excluding a component there must be a way once the image is upload (that I can do and have rights to add and change) to copy the image - resize it and save it in a new folder?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

swordsinfo wrote: »
    not sure i have the site hosted with an american host but will check the standard login and see what I come against. excluding a component there must be a way once the image is upload (that I can do and have rights to add and change) to copy the image - resize it and save it in a new folder?

ASP doesn't have native image editing abilities, so you will need an external library of some description.

Check their site and see if they offer a component as part of the package.

• Advertisement
Advertisement