Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin toddler activities

Options
  • 07-08-2008 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

We've moved from Seattle back to Dublin and are struggling to find fun things for our toddlers (2 + 4) to do, especially as we're cooped in the middle of the Sandyford Industrial Complex.

Where is the best place to find groups of other parents with kids?

Things we've done before were language schools, art classes, gym/dance classes as well as 2-3 mornings/week of preschool. We're looking more for the types of places to go regularly, rather than the one-off special visits to places like the zoo or the public parks where you don't tend to bump into the same people again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There's some kind of kids play centre beside the cinema in Stillorgan. No idea of the details, just remember seeing it when going to the cinema there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 K&Bross

There are 'Parent & Toddler' groups at least once a week in the Dundrum Library and then at Taney Cross Church during 'term' time. Both these groups should start up again the beginning of September. There are weekly music classes at the Mill Theatre in Dundrum Town Centre - think is it Monkey Music. There is an indoor playcentre called FunFitness in Sandyford. Imaginosity at the Beacon Court. Airfield City Farm just down the road from Dundrum Town Centre. Most of these activities can be reached by the Luas - not sure if you have your own transport. These are all I can think of at the moment in your area. I can highly recommend the Toddler groups and the music classes to meet other parents and toddlers - great for people new to the area. I have met a lot of my current friends at these groups. If you need any other info, please give me a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MarthaB

You could try looking on www.DublinBaby.ie which shows on a map loads of activities around Dublin for babies and toddlers. You can also add activities if you've got any to recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

As previous poster said imaginosity is great for that age group. Dundrum centre occasionally do parent groups. Parishes tend to run parent and toddler groups and playgrounds are grea places to get talking to other parents. Rathfarnham castle playground and tymon park playground next to spawell entrance are great younger kids playgrounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 groda

Hi,

I know you are not looking for once off things but Marley Park has a family thing on this Sunday. Free but you need a ticket. You can pick it up in the Library. We got ours in the Dundrum Library.

Would second the mother & toddler groups, went to a few when I was on maternity leave, go to your local health nurse and she will have a list of the closest groups to where you live.

Also, check out little kickers, they do football classes from 2-5 year olds. www.littlekickers.ie

Claphandies is another group. They are all over Dublin. www.claphandies.com

[/COLOR][/I]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

MarthaB wrote: »
    You could try looking on www.DublinBaby.ie which shows on a map loads of activities around Dublin for babies and toddlers. You can also add activities if you've got any to recommend.

That looks like a really good site.
    Why not add it to the useful links thread ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dublinbound

Hey there,
    Don't have any advice for you re:toddler activities, but was interested to see your posting while searching on here. My husband and I also moved back to Dublin from Seattle (where we'd lived for 10 yrs) last August (08)and are living not too far from you ( that is, if you still in Sandyford area). Just wondering how you are finding the move and acclimiatizing to life in ireland again. If you havent' thrown in the towel yet and are still around, would be interested in hearing how you're doing (or coping :)) Am actually wondering if our paths have crossed before........?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭di11on

Hi Op,

Imaginosity is in the Sandyford Industrial estate and we thought it was really great. If you're interested, I've reviewed it in my blog, here.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

This class is quite good. It's pay as you go and is not far from Sandyford- 5 mins by car maybe..

http://www.funfitness.ie/wiggle-giggle-classes.html

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

great play center in Kilcoole, right in the middle of the Charlesland estate (which is just stones throw from Gresystones village). It's called Zoom, not too much to it but what they have is really interesting for the kids, nice high climbing tunnel and about a 20 foot long slide. small area for toddlers too which is one of the best around in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 peahead1

there is a new rugby based fitness program for 2 - 7 year olds called Ruglets based in terenure. It is based in a hall so not weather dependent. contact Mike on 087 9698827. I have 2 children going and they love it. lots of laughs.

Advertisement