Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does F1 mean on your payslip???

Options
  • 07-08-2008 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi,
    i was hoping someone could help me with this question. I just got my payslip there and im not very happy. Almost half of my wages went on tax this week. (i paid 3times as much tax as i normally do):mad::mad:
    I had a closer look at my payslip and a couple of things caught my attention.... first of all my tax credits and tax cut off point are marked 0 this week...normally they are about 120 and 1233 cut off pt. secondly in the area marked Tax Basis there is a F1 written in there where normally i have 0. :confused::confused::confused:
    i really dont know how or why this has happened....i would really appreciate some help on this.........
    thanks
    :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

annon123 wrote: »
    Hi,
    i was hoping someone could help me with this question. I just got my payslip there and im not very happy. Almost half of my wages went on tax this week. (i paid 3times as much tax as i normally do):mad::mad:
    I had a closer look at my payslip and a couple of things caught my attention.... first of all my tax credits and tax cut off point are marked 0 this week...normally they are about 120 and 1233 cut off pt. secondly in the area marked Tax Basis there is a F1 written in there where normally i have 0. :confused::confused::confused:
    i really dont know how or why this has happened....i would really appreciate some help on this.........
    thanks
    :D:D

Sounds like Emergency tax being applied. As is normally the case when starting a new job. Sounds very strange though for it to happen without a change in job.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Looks like emergancy tax has been applied this week. If you have just started a job in the last month and the revenue has not issued you will a tax credit cert yet, hence the change in your payslip.

I would suggest asking your empolyer if her got your tax deduction card yet or call the Revenue and ask them are you registered with said employer. The employer number should be on the Payslip... they should do it over the phone for you or call into there local offices. This will speed things up.

But don't dispear you will get the tax back once your employer gets your tax details.

Advertisement