Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DO BLASTER CARD

Options
  • 07-08-2008 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy's new to this board. I was clearing out the attic the other day and came across a 3DO BLaster card. Basically its a graphics card that lets you turn a PC into a 3DO game systems. Have any of you ever had one of these or know anything about them I was thinking of bining it but just want to make sure its not worth keeping. Googled it but not much info in relation to collecting etc.

Any help / info appricated.

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Stop Googling & use wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3do_blaster

Which now lets me tell you that your 3DO Blaster is a curiosity, and not much more.
    Sell it on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

ebay it , all you need it two 3do nuts to fight over it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I can honestly say I've never heard of one of these till now! Where on earth did you buy get that from. Personally I'd keep it but I just had a look on ebay and i couldn't find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Thanks for the info guys turns out that these are quite rare and require a certain CD drive to work. Talking on a 3DO forum and the guys told me that they very rarely go for sale. Not saying there worth much just that they are usually not available. Might ebay it see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Might ebay it see what happens

Post the results if you do.
    I'd be interested in seeing how you get on.

• Advertisement

RichyX wrote: »
    Post the results if you do.
    I'd be interested in seeing how you get on.

Have two guys in the US interested looking to trade a 3do fz10 and 10 games imagine that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,935 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Had one years ago in the PC.........its actually still in the vault somewhere, along with the crap 3DO pad that came with the card..
    You're correct, in that it could only be used with a certain Creative drive (google should be able to dig up the name for you), but I know it was just an early Panasonic model..
    Remember it being a bit problematic to get up and running but it worked fine from what I can recall, so it was an interesting package to say the least..

Must keep my eye open for it next time I'm rooting around, but like most old gear I have, I would never consider getting rid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hump44

Do you still have yours or know of anyone that wants to sell theirs. Please let me know.

Tim

timhumphries@sbcglobal.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

they where brought aswell because the 3D0 was hard to emulate at the time if i remember right...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,566 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's a cool thing to find.
    I remember their release, although I didn't want one as I already had a 3DO.
    Are there still PCs out there that can use the card?

Getting games should be easy enough, the 3DO antipiracy system amounted to putting games on CD, as no one had CD burners back then!
    Now it's simply a matter of burning a easily found image onto to cheap CD-R.
    Of course I should add that it's completely dishonest and wrong, stealing and all that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Are there still PCs out there that can use the card?

Yea might be able to use USB instead with this adapter; http://www.arstech.com/item-USB-2-0-to-ISA-card-ROHS-usb2isar.html

Expensive though and who knows, a modern OS might not have the right stuff to allow its software to run. Yea ever tried playing a 10~ year old game on Vista/7?

Sold it a while back got about 200 euro for it. I had never used it seemed like to much hassel to get it to work when you could get a 3do for about 40 quid on ebay. But one of the collectors over on a 3DO website wanted it seem to be rare enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

200 beans ? Nice. I remember I traded in my panasonic 3dO for a PS1 and Wipeout back in the day. Ah the memories. It was a good console from what I remember, it just had feck all games released for it. There was a cool tank/helicopter type game where you could pit 2 people against each other and had the flight of the valkyries for music. I can't remember the name of it ... .wait... yes, Return Fire. Good game that.

I also remember having a Wing Commander game for it that I bought whilst on a trip to the UK for about £35. A hellofalot of money for a teenager I tell ya. It came on 4 discs and had Mark Hamill in it. It was good too but then again it probably hasn't stood the test of time very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

TinCool wrote: »
    There was a cool tank/helicopter type game where you could pit 2 people against each other and had the flight of the valkyries for music. I can't remember the name of it ... .wait... yes, Return Fire. Good game that.

It came out on Saturn, PC and PS1 too.
    I think there was a sequel but it wasn't on Saturn as far as I remember...

Advertisement