Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no signal to extra sky box?

Options
  • 07-08-2008 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

hi,
    i have sky plus,which is working fine.i also have my old sky box coming off the same dish.both these are working.

today i decided to use the fourth connection on the lnb to add a third box in my house.it keeps telling me there is no signal?the coax to the room is ok,i can route my sky plus to that room.however it is the farthest point in the house from the dish...
    any ideas?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭John mac

have you tried hooking up your second sky box (the one you know works) to the third location?
    and the third box to the second location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭kindalen

yes,thanks.

added a triax 2way link amplifier and it worked no bother.will get another today.
    problem now is i dont want 2 sky boxes in attic,can i put a splitter at the back of one sky box?will the 9v from the rf out2 be enough to power 2 different amplifers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

I don't understand exactly what you are asking but this page might help:
    http://satcure.net/tech/split.htm

thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement