Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Message Page

Options
  • 07-08-2008 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi,

My friend is a hairdresser and I'm looking for a page to put on her website that will allow people to type in their review of her. A testimonial page I suppose. I'd obviously need to be able to edit the posts and I'd need to be able to configure it to look like the rest of her web site.

Can anyone help. Have been looking on the web for one but have only been able to find Message boards and free hosting for them. Have not been able to find a One Single Page board.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

You would be better off looking for a guest book rather than a gallery. That would probably suit your needs better.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

Yes you are right.

Tried the Guestbook in Front Page but I'm having problems with submitting it. Get this error message

The URL/" " _derived/nortbots.htm was not found on this server.

Have not found any solutions on the web that fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

you could try wordpress.. might be a better idea if you ever decide to expand..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

I'd suggest not doing this. It's too open to people being assholes.

Better to get her to ask a few returning clients could they write her a textimonial and put those up.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sevenie

thanks guys, the web site is just on a small scale, just some brides wanted to say how happy they were with her and she asked me if I could put up a page.

But..... I found a solution. In Front Page you have to have to be able to access your Domain from Front Page. Here is the web site that gave me the solution if anyone is interested for the future

http://customersupport.networksolutions.com/article.php?id=456

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Years ago I needed to implement a system like this. I wrote a guest book for it, and just set it so nothing was displayed unless the bloke who ran the site approved it. I also gave him the ability to ban IP addresses. In my experience, most form spammers wont even bother getting a new IP address, and if they do change it, they change it rarely enough that an IP ban works fine.

This way he could insure that no negitive reviews of his product were posted, while still displaying genuine positive comments from his customers.

Advertisement