Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upper Staplestown Rd/Closh Pump area

Options
  • 07-08-2008 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Closh pump was at the junction of Browneshill Rd and Tullow Rd -probably gone now. There was a terrace of houses on Upper Staplestown Road just before the pump including some sort of a castle. I would like to know if any of these old houses are still in existence.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭carlowguy32

Closh pump was at the junction of Browneshill Rd and Tullow Rd -probably gone now. There was a terrace of houses on Upper Staplestown Road just before the pump including some sort of a castle. I would like to know if any of these old houses are still in existence.

Thanks.

they have knocked some and built new apartments but i think that little castle thing is still there, would be nice if the kept it and renovated it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnprofessor

Thank you carlowguy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

the pump is still there definitely, as is the little wall around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

I was back in Carlow earlier this year and as far as I remember the pump is still there but I can't remember the castle I think it was replaced by apartments.

Advertisement