Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

For Sale: Pistol, 40cal, custom built

• 07-08-2008 11:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

Custom Les Baer/HPS MATCH 5” Limited. Calibre: 0.40 S&W

Complete with 7 high cap. Mags, extensive spares & CR Speed rig (inner & outer belt, 3 mag pouches & world shoot model holster). See below for further details of features & accessories

Features & specifications
    Guaranteed accuracy 50mm at 50m (see attached example I shot with CCI factory ammo)
    Gun has been maintained perfectly with shock buff & recoil spring being replaced at regular intervals to ensure it functions perfectly. After every shooting session gun & mags have been thoroughly cleaned. This gun is a fantastic custom built gun for standard division. It’s built to very tight tolerances (i.e. very accurate).

Frame:
    Chrome nitride finish steel STI 2011 frame with long wide dustcover
    Slide:
    Les Baer Monolith Slide (chrome nitride finish) perfectly hand fitted with frame & barrel. It has front & rear cocking serrations. Also serrations on top of slide & on back to reduce glare when shooting outside.
    Barrel:
    Kart Match bull barrel perfectly hand fitted to slide & frame.
    Trigger:
    Crisp custom tuned match hammer & sear. Set to exactly 1200g. Perfect for IPSC. Note: Mainspring is standard 17 lb
    Grip:
    Black hand stippled for secure grip. STI aluminium magwell installed
    Sights:
    Bomar rear sights (plain target black with horizontal serrations.
    Dawson Precision fibre optic 0.1” wide front sight.
    Recoil guide rod & spring:
    Tungsten guide rod (extra weight aids in preventing muzzle flip)
    12lb Wolff variable power spring. Why variable power spring: Since you are trying to get the sights back on the target as the slide closes, the softer it closes, the quicker you will be back on target. With a variable rate recoil spring, the coils are wound different at the back than at the front of the spring. Because the coils are closer together at the front of the spring, it stacks up as the slide comes to the rear and then closes softer. This gives greater protection against frame battering, provides more consistent lockup and improved feeding, while allowing easier manual cycling of the action
    Magazines

1 no. 18 rd reloadable magazine (K mag body, Dawson precision base pad, STI spring, SVI follower)
    6 no. 17 rd reloadable magazines (STI s/steel body, Dawson precision base pad & follower, STI springs)

Additional items of note:
    Wide ambi safety
    High grip beavertail
    Tuned ejector and extractor
    Lowered ejection port
    Chrome nitride surface (harder than hard chrome but has a more dull staineless steel finish)
    Slide stop set to not hold slide open on last shot. The reason is that if insert a magazine quickly while the slide stays open the first round will push against the ejector and the ejector will break
    All components hand fitted by custom Les Baer shop in Germany to give guarantee Accuracy of 50mm at 50m

Spares with gun:
    Magazine springs
    Magazine followers
    Magazine base pads
    Ed Brown fibre optic front sight
    Stainless steel guide rod
    Reverse plug
    Firing pin stop plate
    Tuned, tested & ready to go extractor
    STI black polymer grip complete with mainspring housing
    Mainspring (17lb)
    Grip Screw Kit:2 Bushings, Upper & Lower Screws, 2 Trigger Guard Screws, Trigger Guard Sleeve
    Pin kit Includes link, ejector, hammer, sear, mainspring housing, and mainspring cap pins along with mainspring cap, mainspring housing pin retainer, thumb safety plunger and slide
    stop plunger.
    Recoil springs (various 14lb, 12lb & 11lb springs)
    Firing pin
    Firing pin spring
    Magazine release screw
    Magazine release spring

Asking price: 2700 Euro for the lot.
    New the above would cost in excess of 3550 Euro

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

packas wrote: »
    Custom Les Baer/HPS MATCH 5” Limited. Calibre: 0.40 S&W

Complete with 7 high cap. Mags, extensive spares & CR Speed rig (inner & outer belt, 3 mag pouches & world shoot model holster). See below for further details of features & accessories

Features & specifications
    Guaranteed accuracy 50mm at 50m (see attached example I shot with CCI factory ammo)
    Gun has been maintained perfectly with shock buff & recoil spring being replaced at regular intervals to ensure it functions perfectly. After every shooting session gun & mags have been thoroughly cleaned. This gun is a fantastic custom built gun for standard division. It’s built to very tight tolerances (i.e. very accurate).

Frame:
    Chrome nitride finish steel STI 2011 frame with long wide dustcover
    Slide:
    Les Baer Monolith Slide (chrome nitride finish) perfectly hand fitted with frame & barrel. It has front & rear cocking serrations. Also serrations on top of slide & on back to reduce glare when shooting outside.
    Barrel:
    Kart Match bull barrel perfectly hand fitted to slide & frame.
    Trigger:
    Crisp custom tuned match hammer & sear. Set to exactly 1200g. Perfect for IPSC. Note: Mainspring is standard 17 lb
    Grip:
    Black hand stippled for secure grip. STI aluminium magwell installed
    Sights:
    Bomar rear sights (plain target black with horizontal serrations.
    Dawson Precision fibre optic 0.1” wide front sight.
    Recoil guide rod & spring:
    Tungsten guide rod (extra weight aids in preventing muzzle flip)
    12lb Wolff variable power spring. Why variable power spring: Since you are trying to get the sights back on the target as the slide closes, the softer it closes, the quicker you will be back on target. With a variable rate recoil spring, the coils are wound different at the back than at the front of the spring. Because the coils are closer together at the front of the spring, it stacks up as the slide comes to the rear and then closes softer. This gives greater protection against frame battering, provides more consistent lockup and improved feeding, while allowing easier manual cycling of the action
    Magazines

1 no. 18 rd reloadable magazine (K mag body, Dawson precision base pad, STI spring, SVI follower)
    6 no. 17 rd reloadable magazines (STI s/steel body, Dawson precision base pad & follower, STI springs)

Additional items of note:
    Wide ambi safety
    High grip beavertail
    Tuned ejector and extractor
    Lowered ejection port
    Chrome nitride surface (harder than hard chrome but has a more dull staineless steel finish)
    Slide stop set to not hold slide open on last shot. The reason is that if insert a magazine quickly while the slide stays open the first round will push against the ejector and the ejector will break
    All components hand fitted by custom Les Baer shop in Germany to give guarantee Accuracy of 50mm at 50m

Spares with gun:
    Magazine springs
    Magazine followers
    Magazine base pads
    Ed Brown fibre optic front sight
    Stainless steel guide rod
    Reverse plug
    Firing pin stop plate
    Tuned, tested & ready to go extractor
    STI black polymer grip complete with mainspring housing
    Mainspring (17lb)
    Grip Screw Kit:2 Bushings, Upper & Lower Screws, 2 Trigger Guard Screws, Trigger Guard Sleeve
    Pin kit Includes link, ejector, hammer, sear, mainspring housing, and mainspring cap pins along with mainspring cap, mainspring housing pin retainer, thumb safety plunger and slide
    stop plunger.
    Recoil springs (various 14lb, 12lb & 11lb springs)
    Firing pin
    Firing pin spring
    Magazine release screw
    Magazine release spring

Asking price: 2700 Euro for the lot.
    New the above would cost in excess of 3550 Euro

Forgot to say. I still have it at home so anyone interested in buying it can test fire it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

You packing in the Practical Pat ?

Or did you see the error of your ways and go back to the Glock side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭packas

I've gone back to my roots i.e. Production. Got me a shadow. Would love to keep the HPS/Baer as well but simply can't justify keeping it if I'm not using it. Her indoors is looking for a few pairs of Christian Louboutin shoes & a Jimmy Choo bag hence the reason I need the cash :D:D It pains me something awful as she's some baby (the gun & not the missus). 100% reliable & insanely accurate. I know as soon as I sell it I'll be kicking myself. It's like removing a plaster. If I don't do it quick I never will :(

I will be in mouring if she's sold (only to a good home that will take care of her though)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement