Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do Cork people drink?

Options
  • 07-08-2008 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Is there anyone else from Cork living in Limerick City and if so, where do ye go to drink? With the GAA matches this Sunday I fancy going out to watch them and a good Cork crowd would obviously be a good thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its a trap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

try cork..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Is there anyone else from Cork living in Limerick City and if so, where do ye go to drink? With the GAA matches this Sunday I fancy going out to watch them and a good Cork crowd would obviously be a good thing.
    Lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

zuroph wrote: »
    Lies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Limerick doesn't really have scene bars.:)

Sure won't the Limerickers help shout on the rebels?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

topper75 wrote: »

Not even at gunpoint.

topper75 wrote: »

I would but I'm going to be in Kerry at puck fair and it would be a danger to my health and life to shout for Cork:D:D

I'll probably also be getting towards incoherent in the early evening;)

Try Russells on the Fr. Russels road for GAA matches, normally a good mixed crowd.

TBH I think we SHOULD support cork in this. After all, they do support OUR rugby team!!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

You should really try Cork. I am pretty sure you will find someone there from Cork.

Just and idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Doc. Hobbit

You should really try Cork. I am pretty sure you will find someone there from Cork.

Just and idea

Who lets morons like you on these boards? How could you possibly think that's helpful?

• Advertisement

Stab*City wrote: »
    try cork..

Another pointless reply. Are you and pyramuid man straight out of morons 'r' us or something?

ninty9er wrote: »
    I would but I'm going to be in Kerry at puck fair and it would be a danger to my health and life to shout for Cork:D:D

I'll probably also be getting towards incoherent in the early evening;)

Try Russells on the Fr. Russels road for GAA matches, normally a good mixed crowd.

I'll give that a look. Thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

I'll give that a look. Thanks:)

I would advise against Russells. Possibly one of the worst place in the city to watch a game and crap athmosphere (plus due it's location you stuck there for the whole game if you don't like it).

I would say maybe try the Still house or even Clem Smiths on the Dock Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Who lets morons like you on these boards? How could you possibly think that's helpful?
    Well that wasn't very nice.

Well that wasn't very nice.

+1

Don't come here and expect not to get a slagging. It's the Limerick City forum. It's hardly like we're all keeping an eye out for Cork people everywhere we go in the city.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I reported the post. Dont like that guy's 'tood to be honest. Or his county colours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

:confused: Is there an easily identifiable Cork "diaspora" in Limerick or something?

What's stopping you from going home to Cork for the weekend OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for the report, DB.

Heh... when I saw this thread yesterday, I was very tempted to come in here and say "Cork".

Hobbit - Do Cork people not have a sense of humour? :)

Mr E wrote: »
    Thanks for the report, DB.

Heh... when I saw this thread yesterday, I was very tempted to come in here and say "Cork".

Hobbit - Do Cork people not have a sense of humour? :)
    Yes they do, they're hilarious, they call themselves rebels,sure they only had one rebel, and they shot him! :D

zuroph wrote: »
    Yes they do, they're hilarious, they call themselves rebels,sure they only had one rebel, and they shot him! :D
    Careful now:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

One of the funniest limerick threads in a while god it took a cork man to start it jees lads we are slipping up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Dudess wrote: »
    What's stopping you from going home to Cork for the weekend OP?

Common sense?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Give him some decent suggestions so I know where to AVOID watching the match.

No offense but if I had to listen to 70 mins of "rebels, rebels" i think I'd lose my lunch... Generally I find Cork people to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too "patriotic" about Cork. Its just another county lads.....

An email I received at work today...actually got replies from people saying it was one that made them laugh properly as opposed to the usual crap that goes around.
    Many years ago, when the big oil companies were drilling for oil in the

Middle East, Esso came upon a huge oil well in a remote desert area

near the sea.

In no time there were numerous pipelines, a large jetty and roads and

accommodation buildings had been constructed. Esso informed the local
    Sheikh of developments. He got on his camel one day and came down with

his retinue to inspect the new city. When the Esso boss had finished
    showing him around, he asked the Sheikh what name he wished to give

this new city.

The Sheikh thought for a moment, and then he spotted a large boat
    coming in with new workers from various European countries. He said "I

will name the new city after the first person to step off that boat".

They all went down to the quay to greet the boat and the first person
    to come down the gang plank was a Corkman. The Sheikh was standing
    there before him and said "Stranger, I have decided to name this great

new cityafter you".
    And the Corkman replied..

"Do, boy".

[/FONT]
    :D:D:D

Hadn't heard that one... excellent. :D

ninty9er wrote: »
    +1

Don't come here and expect not to get a slagging. It's the Limerick City forum. It's hardly like we're all keeping an eye out for Cork people everywhere we go in the city.

You know, there're a couple of pubs I normally drink in in Limerick (rugby rather than GAA pubs) and amongst the regulars I know which are from Limerick and which are not. It's really not that difficult a feat! All it took was for just one person to note that there were a couple of Corkmen in their local and they could tell me. It really was that easy. No knowledge of any diasperas was needed. Instead, there's just loads of useless comments about going back to Cork: if I was black they'd be calling ye racist.

Of course, I'm very much aware that it's the Limerick City forum: to have posted this thread on another would have been pointless. I don't see why anyone not from Limerick but nevertheless living there should expect a slagging and I don't think it's a great leap of logic to work out that I had to be in the city this weekend, otherwise there would have been no need for the thread.

As for humour, I don't mind a bit of ribbing (I thought Zurolph's comment about Michael Collin's was very good) but what's the point in saying "go to Cork" or whatever? It's not big, it's not clever and it's not funny. I have generally found Limerick City people to be helpful and friendly so it's just as well my opinion isn't simply based on some of the responses here.

Tinytony, thanks for the advice, I went to Clem Smith's and met a few GAA enthusiasts there. Ninty9er, the "Do, boy" joke was very funny and I'll definitely be passing that one on.

Doc - you have to see it from everyone elses point of view - the topic of this thread is "Where do Cork people drink?"

Like the punchline to a bad joke, the obvious answer is CORK!

Glad you got to watch the match locally yesterday, and hope you enjoyed it.

Mr E wrote: »
    Doc - you have to see it from everyone elses point of view - the topic of this thread is "Where do Cork people drink?"

Like the punchline to a bad joke, the obvious answer is CORK!

Glad you got to watch the match locally yesterday, and hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks for that last: there were a load of rebel songs played in the pub after the match, which is not something you hear much anymore and hardly at all here (at least in the city centre pubs bar The Bank).

As for the thread topic I had hoped that people would be sensible enough to realise that I was looking for a place in Limerick City for, as ninty9er so vehemently put it, "It's the Limerick City forum". Oh well I'll know better next time...

My thanks to anyone who did try to help.

No probs, man... don't be a stranger. :)

• Advertisement

I didn't mean to scare you off, but there's no point getting all defensive when there's always some tool out there who's going to rip the piss.

Build a bridge etc...etc...

Advertisement