Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No satellite signal is being received (some channels)

Options
  • 06-08-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

Hello,

Having a bit of a problem with 'some' of my satellite channels for the last few days - some of channels that used to be working fine now don't work at all, and display the message 'No satellite signal is being received'.
    I'm not on any Sky package anymore but i doubt it has anything to do with that. The BBC channels have been affected, as have some free music / news channels, and also Liverpoolfctv (which is part of my setanta package).
    The other Setanta channels are working fine.

Where could the problem be? I thought maybe it was with the dish itself, but the other channels seem fine. My box is a skyHD plus. Any ideas where the likely problem may be? Any help would be appreciated,

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Is there a cordless phone base unit close to the digibox? These can cause interference to certain channels like you describe.

Alternatively, it's likely that the tuner is gone in the box but just to be on the safe side, try another box to rule out the LNB.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

Thanks for the reply,

Nah, theres a cordless phone unit in the adjacent room but i just turned that off to test it anyway.

Ill try get my hands on another box and test with that - Do you reckon the actual dish should be fine or could the problem still be with that?

Also, what do you mean by LNB?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Funnily enough a friend near me lost a lot of channels as well yesterday, at the races, liverpoolfc tv and some others. Were fine again later. Was very odd as the signal was perfect on the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Thanks for the reply,

Nah, theres a cordless phone unit in the adjacent room but i just turned that off to test it anyway.

Ill try get my hands on another box and test with that - Do you reckon the actual dish should be fine or could the problem still be with that?

Cheers

Dish should be ok if the majority of channels are coming in ok.

The LNB is the bit on the dish that the cable goes into.

Try the 2nd box first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Funnily enough a friend near me lost a lot of channels as well yesterday, at the races, liverpoolfc tv and some others. Were fine again later. Was very odd as the signal was perfect on the rest.

Same as me. I missed perfect disaster on discovery knowledge :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

You need to read the free book:
    http://www.The-Cool-Book-shop.co.uk/book.htm#undersky
    :)

Advertisement