Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Late starter

• 06-08-2008 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭

ok I've wanted to swim properly forever but it's never happened just moved into IFSC and was wondering if anyone knows of any good city centre-ish swimming classes for adults - also any leisure centres in hotels that allow casual visits rather than having to become a member that have a pool and steam room etc,

thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I learned to swim here
    http://www.dublincity.ie/RecreationandCulture/SportsFacilities/LeisureCentres/Pages/markievicz_leisure_centre.aspx

There are 2 teachers who are excellent (sorry can't remember their names but ask for the experienced swim teachers). The pool itself is fine but the changing rooms could do with being cleaned more frequently. It's certainly one that is worth checking out.

There is another pool up by talbot street (in a school?), TCD now have a pool. They are the one's that come to mind straight away.

Good luck with the swimming lessons. It's a great skill to master.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

What's wrong with the Liffey?
    Just hop in, you're sure to get plenty of advice from the quay walls - it's how I learned.

But seriously, I would second that recommendation for the Countess Markievicz pool. They did a grand job on the rebuild (I remember what the old Corpo pool used to be like).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

I learned at the Markievicz as well. One of the good teachers was called Karl who gave the improvers class. The other, who taught the beginners class, is now working at the TCD pool.

Anyway, check when the next lessons start at the Markievicz. You won't do better anywhere else.

Advertisement