Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dorset steam fair

Options
  • 06-08-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭

The Dorset steam fair is on the end of August
    Does anyone know if there is a bus/transport company doing packages there,Travel plus B&B
    I hear anecdotally of companies going for a week and taking in a number of shows,Shrewsbury , Dorset etc
    Cant see any on the web
    Come back to me please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

David Glynn Graigue na Spideogue.Nurney Co Carlow 059 9148616.Hope your not too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

I got fixed up with Kavanagh Tours of Urlingford,Co.Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Galaxie390

Hi,

It's a great show, absolutely massive. You'll walk your pegs off, but so worth it. Especially as it's the 40th anniversary this year.

B & B's relatively close by will prob be all full, so it pays to book a year in advance. If you're going this year, find a nice B & B and drop to book for next time.

Cheers,

Rich

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭massey woman

Thanks for the good advise Galaxie.
    Had a fab week
    Will take a camper next year
    Weather was fantastic
    Great display of steam engines (300), tractors antique and vintage all ages
    Pulling events,thrashing,weaving,coppicing,hurdle making (sheep),dog show,horse show,mowing,ploughing,baling,cider manufacturing-and drinking as well as thousands of auto jumble items from a needle to an anchor.Massive array of amusements all sorts of heart stopping air borne gut clearing rides including the wall of death as recently seen on Blue Peter. All amusements £2 for 15 minutes in the day and 10 at night
    The average English farmer seems more in touch with nature and the environment than our greedy crew here
    Plenty of time to talk about how they do things as far as possible the olde way and ever welcoming to their homes-several invites for tea-we took up one offer of a visit locally and we were overwhelmed with their pride in their farms and their stock. This farmer and his wife farmed 70 acres on the edge of a small town which he inherited from his father. Calf to beef enterprise.Limousin x BB crosses real quality
    All their kids seemed to share this ethos.Delighted to see so many Irish at the event
    Can you see that happening at our national ploughing event ?

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Just back .Myself and my wife stayed in Salisbury about 20 miles away and loved it.This show cannot be praised enough.Its got everything.Huge welcome for the Irish visitors.The Exhibitors are so professional and will help you out with any questions. Security is excellent.Definitely one for the Things to do before you die list.

• Advertisement
Advertisement