Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Egypt - Pyramids - when is the best time?

• 06-08-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I love to see the Egypt pyramids
    but the temperature scares me away.

which is the coolest period of the year and what could be the coolest temperature?

I can manage 30deg.

any suggestions for how to start planning on this trip?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭hunnybunny

Well, we went in August and the heat was torture. It was 48 or soemthing like that. Also the day we went there was no entrance to the pyramids. It depends on the day whether its open or not.
    My friend went in December and found it just right temperature-wise.

Whilst its an amazing sight and I don t regret seeing them, we were constantly hassled by people selling things. The so called police/army that were by the pyramids did nothing to stop it. Rather they tried flirting with me, my sister and even my mum.

I always had this romantic notion about the pyramids. Far out, deep in the desert and that I d be able to stand there and really take it in. In reality its hot, crowded, a big main road nearby and someone constantly pestering you to buy something. Maybe off season it wouldn t be soo bad.

Sadly from the sphinx you can look down a road and seee a KFC. :-( Makes me so mad! Its criminal what they have done to these great landmarks. If the pyriamids were in any other country this wouldn t happen, "its a pity they are in Egypt", my Egyptian friend said.;)

That said when you are on the road on the way to Cairo and you see the pyramids in the distance..... That is the real magical moment.:)

Advertisement