Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How far have we come?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭

I was reading the MVA Dublin Bus Network review from February 2006. On page 9 there's a table describing transport changes in Dublin. It's interesting to see how much things have slipped in only two years.

- Port Tunnel opened leading to reduced congestion on Swords road (but no extra buses thanks to the DoT) and opportunity for increased bus priority on the quays (done)

- M50 upgrade may result in congestion at junctions inside the M50 (did it?)

- Luas city centre link
    - Luas link to Point Depot
    - Luas link to City West

I guess one out of three isn't bad, right?

- City centre resignalling project
    - Phase 1 of Navan line to Dunboyne

Are either of these likely to go ahead?

It's a disappointing outcome especially since the rest is related to metro north and west and I'm very dubious of them happening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

markpb wrote: »
    I was reading the MVA Dublin Bus Network review from February 2006. On page 9 there's a table describing transport changes in Dublin. It's interesting to see how much things have slipped in only two years.

- Port Tunnel opened leading to reduced congestion on Swords road (but no extra buses thanks to the DoT) and opportunity for increased bus priority on the quays (done)

- M50 upgrade may result in congestion at junctions inside the M50 (did it?)

- Luas city centre link
    - Luas link to Point Depot
    - Luas link to City West

I guess one out of three isn't bad, right?

- City centre resignalling project
    - Phase 1 of Navan line to Dunboyne

Are either of these likely to go ahead?

It's a disappointing outcome especially since the rest is related to metro north and west and I'm very dubious of them happening.

The two projects listed for 2009 are to start, but they now have completion dates of 2011 and 2010. The City Centre resignalling is now tied into the resignalling of the Maynooth line.

Advertisement